2020 recruiting

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by justingroves, Dec 21, 2018.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Hardy has been at several Tennessee home games, he's actively recruited for Tennessee.

Tenacious D likes this.
  2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Well dangit.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I think it's worse this year. We had some decent guys at a lot of positions, just really had come up short at LB and WR.

Unless there really are three SEC caliber linebackers at Whitehaven this year, what positions are we upgrading with the guys we have committed? QB, hopefully. And we've got some really big, not so highly touted OGs.

We've got a couple of longshot West Coast guys and a big tight end to close with. Hopefully our one decent recruiter pulls off a little magic. And hopefully we manage to get the guy whose dad works for us, but even the VQ guys are worried about freaking Kentucky.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

We desperately need wide receivers and running backs and we've got nothing going there.

5. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Yikes. This is a huge blow. Especially when he was one of the “remedies” for losing BJO.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Worst part is that Austin Price is saying he told the VQ guys, our staff, and other recruits on his visit that he was coming here.

7. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Don't close the door on him yet... going to be some changes at Auburn I'm sure.

But do close the door on a couple of UT assistants.

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

All I am reading here is NYY - defensive coordinator next year.

hohenfelsvol likes this.
  9. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

You heard it here first.

10. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Well, then they’re really going to suck next year, but they’ll be better at playing football.

11. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Rodney Garner retiring?

12. Tenacious D

Who is Rodney Garner?

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Miller, the 3* guy, is teammates with Ty Jordan, a running back Tennessee went after hard. They're also going after JUCO running back Zaquandre White.

They have 3 receivers committed right now

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Desmond Tisdol is a 4* linebacker that everyone thinks is a Vol after his visit, too.

15. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

I've already reset my expectations for recruiting at this point. I don't think we're landing any massive guys (maybe D. Washington). Hoping this class provides a lot of quality SEC depth and the staff hits on these evaluations. I see us stabilizing the roster and hopefully bringing in some monster recruiters on staff for next year.

16. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Seriously?

17. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

ATP, it’s gonna be tough to close out a top 15 class.

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

We took those receivers away from C-USA schools.

19. Tenacious D

Was a setup to a windup.

Was.

Before this.

20. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

The guy that has been responsible for Auburn stealing defensive lineman that UT thought they were getting the past several years, did some serious work for Fulmer too in his short time in Knoxville.