Pruitt...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by BigOrangeBeech, Oct 19, 2019.

1. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Tennessee is 2nd in SEC in Yards/Reception (Bama is #1, ahead of LSU), but 5th in Yards/Att.

Also, we have more passing TDs than Georgia, lol.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's like UGA misses Big Jim Chaney

A-Smith likes this.
  3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

My teachers used to say something similar, but they'd never seen me run, so I ignored it.

4. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

"He was holding us back from a NC."

-dawgfans

5. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

He's played really well lately.

6. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

confused he’s 3 steps too slow.

7. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Funny

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Is Pruitt secretly a genius? Early season losses to GA St and BYU definitely made me a lot more excited about later wins against shitty USCjr, Miss St, and UK teams.

If we had won those first two games but lost our last two in the SEC, I feel like we'd be out on Pruitt. Instead, most people seem to be relatively happy with where we stand, considering how we started.

9. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

So Pruitt purposely lost the first 2 games just so he could turn around and beat Miss St, USCe and UK in order to earn the fan base's approval?

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I mean, I don't really believe that is what happened.

... but what if it did? Again, I definitely think his approval rating is significantly higher now than it would be had we won those first two games, lost to UF, UGA, and Bama, then dropped games against USCjr and UK as well.

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

That seems to be the statement he's making.

12. CardinalVol

"Hey guys, let's gamble the season, my career and lose the first two games including Georgia State and then win 3 games we have a shot at winning anyway to be .500 in the SEC with 2 games left! Who's with me?????"

BigOrangeBeech and IP like this.
  13. IP

IP Super Moderator

This is too dumb for even the internet.

14. BigOrangeBeech

Or, just win the first 2 like your supposed to, and also win against USCe, State and UK, Like your supposed to, play UF and UGA a little closer and have the fan base, recruiting and everything else exploding right now. That seems to me to be the more genius way to go about it... but JMO, FWIW, IYKWIM...

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Hey Alontae, just let him go on this play. Let 'em go.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Playing for 9-3 in Year 2 with a winning SEC record despite having a roster of 63 scholarship guys? Nah, Georgia State loss to cement one's name in Tennessee trivia for all time.

justingroves likes this.
  17. BigOrangeBeech

"Hey Bituli, Target Jeudy on the next play and get yourself thrown out of the game"

18. CardinalVol

"JG - I want you to wait 3 seconds longer than you should before you throw the ball. Yes, you'll be hated by every person in the state, but it'll be worth it in the end!"

A-Smith likes this.
  19. BigOrangeBeech

"Yeah, I know it's hard seeing Jennings and Calloway run wide open down the field, but you'll understand in time why I dont want you to hit them in stride"

20. CardinalVol

You know, this is all part of Fulmer's master plan that he started the day after beating Florida in 2001. It's been 18 years in the making, but by God, it's playing out exactly as it should. Natty coming in 2021.