Pruitt...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by BigOrangeBeech, Oct 19, 2019.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

It turns out, Opportunity was here all along.

2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I really feel like Saban may have been a wrinkle. But if he'd just one win more natty and retire we're better off.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's really bad

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Again, it wasn't a serious claim, and was presented as such. Not sure why it is being taken so seriously.

The point was to draw attention to the fact that if he had to lose two games to teams we should beat, those were probably the best two to lose. The fan base probably isn't happy right now if we win those first two games. A goal line stand to beat UK feels a lot better when you lost to GA St a couple months prior. The majority of the fan base has been feeling good about Pruitt beating shitty SEC teams because our expectations hit rock bottom after those first two losses.

The reaction to this hypothetical on here is hilarious. I've mentioned this hypothetical in a similar fashion to at least 5 or 6 other UT fans (bring on the imaginary friend jokes), and every single one of them laughed and mentioned they hadn't thought of it that way but it kind of made sense. Yet here, it's taken 100% seriously and turned into another reason to say that I'm dumb. I guess you see what you want to see.

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I opened a post with "Is Pruitt secretly a genius," and you all immediately jumped to "Indy is being completely serious here." Amazing.

6. fl0at_

Your track record is kind of against you.

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Have the words "secret genius" ever been used together in a serious sentence?

Edit: Yes Float, I know I didn't use those exact words, but it's the same thing.

8. fl0at_

Yea. Kanye.

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Doesn't work. Kanye didn't think it was a secret that he was a genius, and no one else ever thought Kanye was a genius.

Any others?

10. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

The hypothetical you proposed though is not even believable.

11. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

is this why he won?

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Yeah, that's why I'm not proposing it as a serious hypothetical.

13. fl0at_

But it was proposed, either way.

14. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

So now everything makes sense, we've gone through over a decade of crap football, to set up this amazing comeback story....we gonna win a natty next year I guess. Incredible.

15. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I feel like Indy was testing the waters to see how his poem would work out.

Jesus, Indy.

16. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

People's perception is largely influenced by the trend...our trend is definitely up. First two games seem like they belong to last season.

17. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Roses are red. Violets are blue.
    I think Pruitt, tried to blow the first 2.

dknash, A-Smith, gcbvol and 3 others like this.
  18. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

If this is the kind of shit you’re bringing up on the sofa while watching Greys with your girlfriend, she’s never gonna let you round second.

PilotFlyingJ and OneForVol like this.
  19. [​IMG]

justingroves likes this.
  20. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I challenge anyone to name any point of more unanimous, strong and immediate approval on this board, than Indy’s being a dumbass.

CardinalVol, JT5 and justingroves like this.