2019-2020 Season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Indy, Mar 29, 2019.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Oh, Memphis lost. Pity.

3. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

But, but they got the great Penny Hardeway! And he says a lot..

4. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I just want the last few days of sports played over and over on continuous loop. I want Tennessee, Kentucky, Memphis and Alabama to experience it ad infinitum.

5. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

at least they lost to a ranked Oregon. Hmph....Kentucky.

6. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

It'd be insane if we're actually good again this year.

Volokie likes this.
  7. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Evansville wasn’t even in the top 200 in the final NET rankings last year. That could be the worst loss in Kentucky history.

justingroves and OneForVol like this.
  8. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

To top it off it was handed to them by one of their own.

9. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

I gotta think Pons has been busting his ass for the past few years to get that shot down. I'm gonna be really happy for him if he's able to become a consistent contributor on offense.

We really need James to find his role.

10. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Pons looks very comfortable at the top of the key. If he can hit that shot, its a gamechanger with him pulling the 4 away from the basket. He looks like the game has slowed down a lot for him.
    Always have liked what Fulk brings. Tries to block everything snd dunk on everybody. I believe he has 18 boards in 2 games and multiple tips to save possession.
    JJJ needs to spend a lot of time on his skill set. He a left only player right now with limited moves and odd release. Good rebounder is about it right now for him.
    Jalen Johnson has a fragile psyche. If he can control his brain and body language, he can help us, but he will brick a shot and get pulled for hanging his head and affecting his defense. Hes long and should affect shots.

11. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

There were a couple of possessions where it looked like we gave Nkamhoua the ball in the soft spot of the zone in the paint (I'm pretty bball illiterate, so apologies if that's wrong) and I thought he could be pretty successful in that role.

12. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Fulky needs to rethink that haircut

BigOrangeBeech likes this.
  13. Ssmiff

yeah he needs to fix that. Thin mohawk would be perfect for him

14. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

If Fulky doesn’t get a bunch of face & neck tattoos and die his Mohawk orange, can he really fill the energetic enforcer role?

dknash likes this.
  15. Ssmiff

anything other than the lady vol look. He looked like he drives a subaru

dknash likes this.
  16. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I'm half way joking, but if we can beat Memphis and split with UK, this season will be a success regardless of what else we do.

17. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

TBA is going to be rocking for Memphis

A-Smith likes this.
  18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

One win they won't have to forfeit

19. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I kinda like that someone is challenging the NCAA, I just don’t want it to be Memphis

20. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

FWIW - East High lost in a court ruling yesterday over Penny and Wiseman. So we shall see.