POLITICS My Facebook Feed

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by TennTradition, Jan 3, 2019.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

choking someone is not complicated.

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Its harder than you would think it would be to finish

3. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

The entire state of Kentucky does it every year.

4. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Would you like to try to choke me and see if I can't get some DNA under my fingernails?

Or hold me down, and see if I don't get brusing on my wrists?

Or gag me, and see if my gums aren't bleeding?

Or try all three?

You tell me what the odds that they aren't amateurs would be, and let's go from there.

Would you rate the likelihood of a prison guard way up there on the murder for hire profession list?

Killing a person who doesn't want to be killed is messy.

Doing it in a clean environment is even harder.

5. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

6. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

step one- restrain prisoner using the many means at your disposal, including those utilizing straps designed to minimize chance of bruising
    step two- strangle with bedsheet
    step three- position scene

Q: what about DNA?
    A: what about it? the guards' DNA would plausibly be present regardless of wrongdoing.

Q: gums bleeding?
    A: constriction via sheet would produce similar effects whether caused by gravity or a steady long pull.

killing a detainee conditioned to being restrained would not be difficult. the environment would be the same either way.

further, what makes you believe they sampled for DNA in that cell, and if they did how would they distinguish traces from guards, former residents, etc. and a potential killer?

8. fl0at_

Under fingernails? No. No inmate should so much as touch a guard without an incident report, much less scratch one.

Restraining if the prisoner is willing and not suspicious, would be about the only way.

And then at that point, they'd thrash. So unless there were already fresh restraint marks, that would be tough.

There is also a simpler scenario: the prisoner wants to die, and so they just let them.

9. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I feel its a hella lot more likely the guards simply let epstein hang himself than contract killers coming in and doing it. Plus he wasn't on suicide watch at the time of his death. Not hard to believe the man could have simply behaved himself to do it right the next chance he got. This conspiracy, like most, is simply entertaining and not remotely likely.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  10. IP

IP Super Moderator

how is a prisoner scratching his attacker when being strangled from behind while handcuffed to the wall?

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

why wasn't he on suicide watch?

12. fl0at_

If I'm handcuffed to a wall, and you are trying to strangle me, I'm going to have tears and bruises on my wrist from the cuffs.

I don't need DNA in that case. The marks from me fighting the restraints will be enough.

13. fl0at_

Let's say that someone was paid to keep him off suicide watch.

Dude still killed hisself.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Well I think we just found our middle ground.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Did you see his wrists?

16. fl0at_

I have no problem with the idea that someone got paid to look the other way, or fall asleep... or just not put them on suicide watch until the next shift.

But Epstein did the deed himself. He might have been given more tools to do it than he should have... but he punched his own ticket.

NorrisAlan and Unimane like this.
  17. fl0at_

Someone looked at that body.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Did he work out?

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't know why you are so sure. Earlier you were talking about DNA under the fingernails, then casually dropped it when I pointed out merely one way that could easily not occur.

20. fl0at_

Correct. I listed (3) things that would be immediately looked at to rule out foul play by the coroner.

And I dropped the first one to point out the second. Because no, there would be no DNA under the fingernails if you restrained my wrists. But how did you manage to do it without giving me an opportunity to show trauma in the second area looked at, which is, oddly, right next to the first?