Jennings

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by kptvol, Oct 26, 2019.

1. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Know your role, STFU, and enjoy your cut of the SEC money. You’re lucky to be here.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

They see the writing on the wall and know their little 7 year run vs UT is over.

Time for them to relearn their place in the pecking order.

Memtownvol and InVolNerable like this.
  3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Jennings just tutored one of them. no charge.

NorrisAlan and InVolNerable like this.
  4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Maybe I’ve missed it but I’ve seen surprisingly little pearl-clutching over it

5. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

This is the culmination of 3 years of grief combined with a Vandy squad that was definitely intending to be physical.

Their RB tore off Taylor's helmet, their DB tried to lay out (but failed) DWA when he was about a yard out-of-bounds. They thought they could set a tone of physicality and win.

That may have happened under Butch Jones' weak teams, but not this one.

All I could see with the Jennings issue was an obvious scrum and a helmet came off. The head stepping, IMO, was due to Jennings being pushed by a Vandy player as he got up.

Memtownvol likes this.
  6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Jennings had zero feet under him while getting up and being pushed and pulled.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

the claim he purposefully "stomped" on his head, or intended to do harm to his head, implies that Jennings couldn't leave a mark on his face with a cleat while trying to do so. let's get out some melons. if he is unable to damage a melon with his cleat, I'll give their claim some credence. So far as I know, the vandy player's head/face is unharmed. therefore, I can only conclude the contact was accidental, or only demeaning but not an attempt at violence at absolute worse.

This is really nothing. He stood up in a crowd of people and knocked over folding chairs on a slick tarp. you'd have to believe him incapable of injuring a face with a cleat for him to have "stomped" on him.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
  8. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Yep, plus he's trying to spring up because he's excited so it makes the action even more demonstrative. That's how I see it anyways.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

His helmet was askew and his chin strap is in his face. It was incidental contact and the guy isn’t even hurt. The damn Vandy RB dropped the football in order to more effectively attempt to rip Alontae’s head off.

justingroves likes this.
  10. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

SEC has suspended him for the first half of the bowl.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Play him anyway, then withdraw from the conference after the game.

12. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Turns out I was right when I asked if this meant he wouldn’t be playing in the bowl.

13. JohnnyQuickkick

He’s gonna be mad to start that 3rd quarter

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

There is absolutely no freaking way that a last place team like Vandy could whine to the conference about a Bama player and get him suspended postgame like that.

justingroves likes this.
  15. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Half right.

TennTradition likes this.
  16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Somebody start the Twitter movement to play him anyway.

17. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

So sec only gives a half game for intentionally trying to stomp? Because i assume that was their conclusion.
    Did thr Ky plauer who twisted the guys foot get suspended?

18. CitrusCo.Vol

CitrusCo.Vol Member

A bunch of bs to a senior playing his last game.

justingroves and utvol0427 like this.
  19. JohnnyQuickkick

I think he sat a half

20. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

What would be the penalty for playing him anyway? Fine from the conference?