OWH Memorial Undead Topic

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by O+W=H., Sep 26, 2011.

1. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I kind of need Christmas music, its usually 80 something here and hard to get into the spirit without it

2. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Only version I'll listen to and really like. Other than more recent songs, that is the one Christmas song I've never really cared much for.

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

That and Do You Hear What I Hear. That song is awful.

VolDad likes this.
  4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I've had some sort of cough, sneeze or sinus issue for 3 weeks now and it's getting old.

5. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Probably dying. That's unfortunate.

6. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Like a lot of them, it's too long. I like it as part of a medley. It is another that's fun to play. That's been my measuring stick this Christmas season. I've been playing at church, and with no internet or television at home, the kids and I have been playing together a bit in the evenings.

7. CardinalVol

It'd feel better than this crap.

8. CardinalVol

My favorite Christmas song in general is Oh Holy Night. If sung correctly it'll send chills up my spine every time.

The Brad Paisley Away in a Manger is a kids church song sung to the melody of a song you would expect to hear at a honkey-tonk, and it works.

9. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I have the Brad Paisley Christmas album. It's one of the few contemporary Christmas albums I have and actually like for the most part.

I also have the Lynyrd Skynyrd Christmas album I bought as a joke and never parted with. It's about what you'd expect.

10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

It’s not my favorite but a band called Third Day does it like a southern rock song and it ain’t bad. However I’ll never hear that song and not think of the scene in Gremlins where the woman is going up the stairs with the knife and the record player turns on

11. CardinalVol

Please tell me there's a Christmas version of Freebird.

12. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

The biggest thing that makes me dislike a lot of Christmas music is that everybody thinks they have to doll it up with sleigh bells and jingles and whatnot.

13. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I'll have to check tonight. Believe it or not, I don't have it downloaded to my car or phone. For some reason, I did rip it. They'll pop up when I set the computer to play Christmas music. Drives the wife a little batty. Otherwise, I'd have deleted it or at least moved the files to another location.

14. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

15. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Take a whole clove of garlic and cut it up to pill size and take it.

16. CardinalVol

I've never heard of this one. Take one daily? All at once?

17. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I hadn't either till a pharmacist that works with my wife told her about it. Yeah just take one clove a day till you're cleared up.

He's from Germany and swore by it.

I don't know how it works, but I use to live on mucinex and pseudoephed this time of year. I've gone two years without any sinus medicine since taking garlic.

18. CardinalVol

Well, time to try it. This is driving me insane.

19. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

20. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

53 going to start recommending his favorite essential oils, next.

warhammer and NorrisAlan like this.