Destin Vacation Spot

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by **TDCVOL**, Dec 29, 2019.

1. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Does Ohio not have lakes.

I’ve never understood the Ohio navy coming down in full force from Memorial Day to Labor Day

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

If I lived in Ohio I'd want to get out as much as I could too.

utvol0427 likes this.
  3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Ha. Ohio getting killed. As it should because it's ugly

4. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Ohio lakes are all dirty with debris and polluted. They used to stop in Kentucky, until they closed a lake or a road or a bridge or something, and they then started coming to Tennessee and haven’t left.

Ohio is a [dadgum]ed shit hole. It’s just big enough to know damned well better, but too stupid to act like it.

5. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

As are the people. And they are stupid.

6. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Ohio is Alabama North.

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

OV is gonna find you and kill you for insulting him like that.

8. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

For about the past 10 years I've stayed at the Celadon in PCB. It's the last high rise hotel on the West end of the beach so no hotels past it. Really close to Pier Park and everything if you want to go eat or run around. Pools are just ok but we love it there due to the convenience. We've stayed in a few different units there and always have had good experiences. But you couldn't pay me enough to go in July with the overall crowds and the heat.

9. Tenacious D

We went in early June one year and the damned seaweed was horrible. Green, slimy grass blade-thin shit was everywhere, not just on the bottom, but saturated throughout the water. You’d have to take handfuls out of your pockets when getting out, and off your body / hair.

10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

July in Destin is hell on Earth.

11. Tenacious D

You need to get acclimated at some point, Buddha.

utvol0427 likes this.
  12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Last time I was there it was mid July and the ocean was hot. The air was hot. The pool was hot. And then I would Google the temp on Mt Rogers in Virginia and it was 72°.

I would cry.

13. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

That's either June grass or July grass. Can't recall. It sucks. But not as bad as Red tide was last year. Had to stay off the beach

**TDCVOL** likes this.
  14. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Buddy of mine has a place in Ponce Inlet. Block or so off the beach. Nice and quiet. Spent a few nights there on my honeymoon. Close enough to Daytona but far enough away, too.

15. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

They call it Junegrass and it's super frigging annoying. But I'll take it over the jellyfish infestation I experienced in mid September this year. They were literally everywhere. My first minute I was in the damned ocean one of those SOBs stung me as I was waiting on my kids to get in. I peed down my leg a little and just smiled through it because I knew they wouldn't get in if they knew I had just been stung. I got hit about 5 times while we were down there. Everybody was getting lit up. It sucked. Luckily only one of my kids got stung on the hand.