This Season Sucked

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by kptvol, Jan 2, 2020.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I guess probably "well-coached?" would have been more appropriate.

Somebody needed to calm the DL down, figure out how to account for the TE and Ramsey scrambling, and slapped Chaney across the face when he kept dialing JG's number 17 times in a row.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Their tight end is a tough bastard, I'll give him that.

Memtownvol likes this.
  3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I thought we had wrecked both shoulders and maybe even a collarbone, but damn if he didn't keep coming back in.

Memtownvol likes this.
  4. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Pruitt has the best DB blitz packages around IMO.

5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Kids name is Hendershot. Wasn't that the name of a dude in a Clint Eastwood movie?

6. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

What the staff did with warrior is nothing short of amazing

utvol0427 and NorrisAlan like this.
  7. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Not sure but did you know their QB is named after Peyton Manning.

True story.

Seriously, look it up.

A-Smith likes this.
  8. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

He got hammered twice.

9. Ssmiff

It's my understanding from my people at IU that it was UT peyton, not Colts peyton. Tifwiwiyfli

10. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

The defense in the first half last night was a joy a to watch. And in the second half, other than letting their immobile QB scramble for decent runs on several occasions was decent.

They couldn't run it on us, and when we had them in obvious passing downs they couldn't really throw it much either.

Not Scoring TDs in the red zone, the pick 6, and other pick that led to 3, would have made this a blowout pretty quick if those scenarios played out differently.

Tar Volon, Volgrad98 and justingroves like this.
  11. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

And there's only a 50% chance of that

cpninja likes this.
  12. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I’m not sure I have any problem with how the first half was called apart from Chaney taking a little too long to realize that JG was in his September form rather than his November form. In the second half, we definitely took a while to adjust to their QB getting outside the pocket, and as we tried to adjust we started giving up more down the field, and I am still baffled by what looks like an idiotic timeout before their field goal. But the onside kick was a good call, as were the run plays that ended up scoring on both red zone trips in the fourth.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

[dadgum] it.

14. Ssmiff

Only thing that makes sense for me as far as the TO before the fg is that we were in a defense where a fake off the right side woulda been wide open.

Tar Volon likes this.
  15. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

When they showed Pruitt calling the timeout, he looked pissed about something, not like he was just calling it to ice the kicker. Im like you, I think he either saw something in the how from IU or we had some type of alignment issue.

16. Ssmiff

when I saw our alignment and thought about this kicker not hitting much this year from that distance, I thought a fake was coming. We were in position to be burned by some sort of rollout right

17. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I could buy that

18. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Did anybody count the players?

It was 4th and medium with a 50+ FG. I wonder if we didn't screw up the substitution trying to figure out what IU was going to do.

19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Lord, the orange glasses brigade is out in full force today.

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Only 10 men for us.

InVolNerable and Ssmiff like this.