TN vs IU Predictions

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, Jan 2, 2020.

1. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Teams were 0-471 when down 13+ with 5 minutes left this year.

0-471

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

that's got my head spinning. Wife already looking at me funny as I stood in the rain and tried to get the heat off my face. BP didn't get up until we had a chance. Last quarter was stressful.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Don't weird out your wife, you can't afford to replace her.

4. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

IU had 8 wins. None of them against teams with a winning record. Average record of their wins was 3.8-8.2.

And of the wins of the teams they beat, only one of those, out of 31, was against a team with a winning record. Rutgers beat an 8-5 Hugh Freeze Liberty team.

What an absolutely shitty schedule, lol.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2020
  5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Game reminded me of 91 sugar bowl right down to final score.

Goof around for 50 minutes, look up, realize you are going to lose to a crap team, and start playing football.

6. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Frustrating game that ended well. Met NYY briefly before the game. Yes, there was corn hole involved.

NYY and Oldvol75 like this.
  7. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

With 5 mins left our offense had given them as many points as we had scored.

Always better to play poorly and win than play poorly and lose.

8. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

On offense. That defense in the first half was downright dominant. Hat is off to Indiana for moving the ball a bit in the second half, but the first half was the best I’ve seen our defense play all season.

9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

We were doing bad, bad things to their Oline. Things that land you in prison. But our offense puttering and sputtering and giving up points just wore on them, plus our lack of depth, especially at tackle, started to show up.

But that first half is a sign of things to come.

Oh, and Pruitt, some how, some way, always seems to know how to call a corner blitz. Saw on time where a corner came over and then STUNTED INTO THE MIDDLE for a sack. Was the most fresh, unbelievable thing I have ever seen. I have never seen that before.

10. CardinalVol

A buddy texted me after one of the third down bliztes and it just said "that was sexy."

Memtownvol and justingroves like this.
  11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Alontae Taylor almost hid behind a defensive lineman on that one

12. Ssmiff

love to see #11 up on the OL and 2 cbs laying low and creeping up like the qb is prey. Send all 3, send 1, send 2, send none. Like it.

13. CardinalVol

Indiana still hasn't figured out that D end is gonna take tackle wide and Shamburger is gonna have a free shot on the QB.

Memtownvol likes this.
  14. Ssmiff

I was getting frustrated at our alignment on the obvious qb runs. We had nobody except the DE outside the qb, loaded left or right. Same runs ky and gst made on us

15. InVolNerable

Shades of Chavis on that last drive. Good to see Pruitt make the adjustment and start bringing a little heat, cause Ramsey gets them into FG range if we continue to sit back there.

A-Smith and Memtownvol like this.
  16. InVolNerable

Our D is so much more fun to watch than our offense.

zehr27, utvol0427, Memtownvol and 3 others like this.
  17. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Nothing a change at QB can't remedy.

InVolNerable, Memtownvol and IP like this.