Jimmy Haslam is a douchebag

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by InVolNerable, Jan 15, 2020.

1. TBSVOL

TBSVOL Member

When little jimmy shits his pants, the whole world smells it except him

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

The better both Fulmer and Pruitt do, the further removed he becomes.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Yep. Pruitt may be our most important coach since Neyland. I feel like a lot of things could swing one way or the other based on how he does.

4. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

This may be a silly question but Fulmer being in the position he's in could, for lack of a better term, he override Haslam's demands? I know Heavy (I think that's Card's nickname for him which I love) has pull in the state but if Haslam flat out said he wanted something done, could/would Fulmer say no if he didn't like it?

5. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Fulmer doesn’t mind to stir the shit pot and is really good at politics and PR.

Jimmy will need to have Pruitt fail to get a foothold like he had after kiffin.

That’s why the Banks story was interesting. Almost like someone with an ax to grind put that out there while the team was looking like garbage.

That shit happens all the time and is never a story at other places.

6. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Other than that whole FBI raid/investigation.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Fulmer's comment about "knowing where the bodies are buried" was pretty much a direct shot at Jimmy

vols85, Volgrad98 and Memtownvol like this.
  8. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

They did several things. The worst of these was ripping off independent drivers over what was a minute amount of money to them and a life or death amount for the drivers. Then they laughed about it.

warhammer likes this.
  9. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

I remember when he said that, I figured it was kind of a "I can play dirty if I need to too" type of statement. I didn't think I would be saying this but it kind of makes me feel good that Fulmer is our AD for now.

PilotFlyingJ and Tenacious D like this.
  10. Tenacious D

The Haslams will never be told to get [uck fay]ed at Tennessee.

Fulmer is 100% driving the bus on all major decisions. 100%

The Haslams call Fulmer to offer advice and input about as much Hillary calls Trump. The chance he would take that call are about the same, too.

MBAG.

11. Tenacious D

I don’t think we would even have a chance to fix football in our lifetimes without Papaw at the helm.

He’s worth his weight in gold.

Volgrad98 and Memtownvol like this.
  12. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

My how times change.

CardinalVol and Tenacious D like this.
  13. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

We filthy rich

Tenacious D likes this.
  14. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Haha! Imagine if someone made this verbatim post here in 2012? It would have been all hands on deck for the lynching.

15. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Hope no one takes offense at "lynching." Just mean it in the old school Western way.

16. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Well, yeah.

Still did a decent job, other than, well, that.

Doesn't means he's not football inept and should be told to stay far, far away.

17. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I was happy when he was fired.

I am also happy he's in charge. No one else has the clout to pull off what has to be done to fix athletics as a whole, but namely football.

18. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I have been dead wrong about Heavy and will continue to say so until I have had my fill of crow.

Memtownvol and InVolNerable like this.
  19. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

Freddie Kitchens: OC for one year, had good year, got HC job. Didn't do well in his first year *EVER* as head coach, gets fired.

Haslam: Look, I am going to bully out any legit coach into wanting to come here and we know Kitchens wasn't ready for the job. We need (a young head coach I can boss around and micromanage) to move on and move forward.

Stefanski: OC for one year, had a good year, got HC job.

That is the most Haslam storyline I've ever seen. Completely explains our move from Kiffin to Dooley to Jones.

20. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

I think if Haslam stepped back, he could have probably gotten Mike McCarthy. But Haslam is such a road-block to his own meddling in sports, he lost McCarthy and ended up in this shit spiral.

I don't like the Browns, but I feel for such a historic and loyal but maligned fanbase.