2019-2020 Season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Indy, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

That’ll do it.

2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

The Bowden miss was the game.

Ssmiff likes this.
  3. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Bowden getting the yips and Lamontes injury handicapped us too much this year.

4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

College player has to hit that shot late with momentum and crowd into it.

5. Unimane

I [uck fay]ing hate Kentucky.

justingroves and A-Smith like this.
  6. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

No team will ever play good enough perimeter defense for you. I hope they can score.

7. Unimane

Yeah, it's not like they didn't mention it multiple times in the game. Get the [uck fay] out of here.

8. Ssmiff

In the paint killed us

9. Unimane

It was ok, but the bigs were out of position often because we got beat off the dribble so many times, especially late in the shot clock.

10. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Gotta make shots, gotta get stops. Turnover/rebounding issues didn’t hurt us like I expected, but they just shot better than we did.

Get JJJ back and give it a go in Rupp I guess. I actually think this team has some good pieces, they just never really had the time to put it all together. Hopefully next year when the reinforcements arrive

11. Unimane

JJJ has been so underrated by those expecting him to be a lottery pick.

Tar Volon and A-Smith like this.
  12. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

I’d like to see how this game would’ve played out with a healthy Turner and James available.

13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Easy, Nancy. Did you print a copy so you could tear it up?
    Don’t really care what Barry Booker said. This team’s biggest liability is putting it in the basket

14. Unimane

Thing I noticed after the game were two UK players run to our student section to taunt them. At first, I wanted to drive to Knoxville to beat the piss out of them, but then I realized this had become as big a deal to them as us, too. They can pull the blue blood snob attitude of us being just another game, but that's not what shows. They want to beat us as much as they do anyone, maybe more.

justingroves likes this.
  15. Unimane

I'm fine, Mr. Gaetz. Didn't break any laws.

Doesn't matter if it's not the #1 problem. We still need a shut down defender on the perimeter.

16. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Wish Bowden had worked on his shot in the offseason. Dude sucks.

17. Tar Volon

How many games have we played all season with what is now our full-strength team (i.e. with Uroš, Santi, and JJJ all in the lineup together)? We’ve got some vulnerabilities, but if that team had 20 games to gel instead of 2, I think they might’ve gotten to tournament-caliber. As it stands, I think they’ll be a good backbone next year when the freshmen arrive

18. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Feeling bad about this post. I like Bowden. They need to red light him from 3 though I think.

19. Tar Volon

Part of me agrees, part of me wants him to shoot his way out of the slump. Because if he can’t make that shot, we’re not winning. And I know damn well he can make that shot, because he made it at a pretty good clip two years running.

20. Ssmiff

If that's a political post, take that shit to the whinefest thread