Random college football thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by zero-sum, May 9, 2015.

1. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

From three days ago

2. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Lol, that was even his pinned tweet as he accepted the job. Looks like he's unpinned it at least.

Wonder how much they offered?

3. InVolNerable

4. InVolNerable

So, Bienemy to Colorado?

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

How bad of a job is Colorado?

6. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

You would think there is some potential there. A little history and a cool place to live. But looking at the recruiting sites, there isn't much talent in state at all. But the PAC 12 sucks so who knows?

7. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Improbable opportunity for them to rekindle with the one that got away. Fate doesn’t often grant you these opportunities. Butch and Colorado have to make it work this time around.

InVolNerable likes this.
  8. IP

IP Super Moderator

bama should step up and give him an on field position, imo. keep that dude in Tuscaloosa. the program has totally turned around since he got there.

9. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I finally watched the HBO special on Belichek and Saban last night. One scene has those two meeting up for the Alabama pro day and into the conversation with a big ass grin is Captain Dumbass himself, laughing and carrying on as if he belonged in the conversation. I had hoped the next moment was those two telling him to [uck fay] off and get them a coffee and doughnut or something.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  10. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

They actually have a lot going for them. They have a respectable history on the field and produced a ton of nfl players between 1989-2002. Surprisingly, they have one of the better football facilities in the country. They can follow the Bill McCartney blueprint. Build a solid foundation with in-State kids then go and recruit the hell out of California and Texas. They shouldn’t be a perennial title contender, but if Utah can consistently churn out 9 win seasons, there’s no reason Colorado can’t.

PilotFlyingJ and InVolNerable like this.
  11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

pretty bad. lackluster support, bad recruiting base and they've never really been able to recruit california very well, and fans who think they should be contending. he's a good coach. i imagine they won't do better.

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

mccartney took a bunch of kids usc and ucla wouldn't take for either academics or character issues and turned them around.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

man the names out there for the colorado job are truly awful.

14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Butch getting a second shot at the brass ring?

droski likes this.
  15. CitrusCo.Vol

CitrusCo.Vol Member

I would not think so the way the first time went down.

16. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

The first choice has to Bieniemy. If he says no, then give it to either Jim Leavitt or Jim McElwain. I don’t get the Blake Anderson or Troy Calhoun talk.

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

when he was the oc under embree they were awful in all phases of the game. Harsin is the guy they should try to get but im not sure he’d be interested.

justingroves likes this.
  18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

God I hope so

19. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

They might just leave the interim tag on Chiaverini and do a full search next season.

20. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

But then he wouldn't be available for the next Cal search.

InVolNerable likes this.