2019-2020 Season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Indy, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Issue is Springer isn't a burner like Bone. Itll be fun to watch multiple players have the ability to attack and share pg duties. Barnes is amazed at Vescovis play.

2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Vescovi is plenty quick on offense due to his array of skills and craftiness. His footspeed will improve with some off-season work, but he'll never be super quick. His intelligence and savvy make him a good defender off the ball and I imagine Springer will garner responsibility for on-ball defense of PGs next year.

Vescovi is really, really good, though. He's incredibly fun to watch and will be even more dangerous with an off-season to prepare and more talent surrounding him.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

his growth since he got here is incredible, and he was serviceable when he got here.

4. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Even Barnes described him during the postgame show as phenomenal. He doesn’t throw around high praise like that lightly.

5. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I've said it before and will continue to say that it's going to be fun to watch Vescovi next year after a full offseason of conditioning, he will continue to get stronger and faster. Hes already adjusted quite a bit to the length of the defense has reduced turnovers, and will only continue to get better. Gonna be fun watching him distribute the ball next year to a couple guards that can score from anywhere on the floor and add in one more year of Pons and Fulky improving, gonna be a good team next year.

A-Smith likes this.
  6. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I'm not throwing shade at Vescovi. I want him out there and shooting it obviously. I guess I'm just thinking about last year's team as Barnes's prototype and questioning whether Vescovi can do what Bone did.

I think if its Vescovi's show at the point we are going to be better off in a more traditional half court. Hopefully, he can push it when we have the opportunity though because I think that's what most good teams these days do.

7. Ssmiff

I just want to go back to college and be the 3rd wheel with Vescovi and Pons as a freshman

8. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

These games are the woooorrrrrrsssssssstttttt

9. Ssmiff

When your sr sg wont pull up from the key on btb passes but will pass to Komwa for a 3, you have issues

10. Ssmiff

Refs again allowing no flow

11. KingWebbsticles

KingWebbsticles Chieftain

So what's the flop charge rule again? Bowden got hit with a charge with minimal contact while jumping away from the defender and big guy got hit with offensive while the defender had a full foot in the arc.

12. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Refs are all over the damn place. This game is going to be straight chaos.

13. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Both were flops as well.

14. Ssmiff

Obvious push off on pons on layup there and they end up at line for and1 instead. Makes it more frustrating to watch for sure.

15. KingWebbsticles

KingWebbsticles Chieftain

The play is poor, sure. But the refs make this unwatchable.

16. KyleAlexanderfan

How is that an offensive foul on Bowden?

17. Ssmiff

They are in make up call mode since Fulk got fouled on first play of game

18. Ssmiff

Omg pons got destroyed and Barnes about to flip

19. KyleAlexanderfan

How is that not a foul on the Vescovi fast break block? They mauled him after the actual block.

20. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Uros has been brutal.