POLITICS My Facebook Feed

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by TennTradition, Jan 3, 2019.

1. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

This was on my feed. Usually don't watch these kinds of things but stayed until the end for some reason. I do agree about folks leaving both parties. I just registered as an independent.

2. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

There's some good ideas mixed with some silly notions in there. Maybe if we didn't concentrate so much power, it wouldn't be so easy to screw us over to begin with.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

The real Spider-Man would have a much better grasp of the scientific process than that.

warhammer likes this.
  4. IP

IP Super Moderator

given his origin story of being bitten by a radioactive spider, I am going to disagree

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

That was the laboratory’s error, not Peter’s.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

my point is that a radioactive spider bite would not result in powers. Perhaps a radiation dose and eventually cancer, but not powers.

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Next you are going to tell me large doses of gamma radiation won't turn a person into a large green monster when he gets angry.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Stan Lee was a damn liar

NorrisAlan likes this.
  9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

And you know this because of all your extensive experimentation with radioactive spiders?

10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

There are few things worse than when a dumb Trump supporter and a dumb Trump hater get into an argument on FB. But the car wreck principle applies and you can't look away.

justingroves likes this.
  11. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I've blocked plenty of both. I'm amazed at the ones who are oblivious as to how often they post about it and how psychotic it makes them look. Go about your damn day and chill a little for [uck fay]sake

12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I would love to read a historical perspective of this from 100 years from now.

13. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I have a tendency to think most presidents will be forgotten by this time, as most from 100+ years ago are now. If I had to guess as to who, among recent presidents, will get noted or remembered, I would guess W. for the Iraq War and 9/11, Obama, for obvious reasons, and, perhaps, Reagan. Daddy Bush, Clinton and Carter are, clearly, forgettable.

We always seem to think our time and leadership will be remembered or important, but it's not likely. I'm sure, at some point in history, if you asked someone who was the best president ever, they might respond with "Millar Fillmore". Time is fickle.

But, I'm with you. I'd be very interested in future views of this type of discussion.

14. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Clinton has a shot at getting a nod as being the first of the "Impeachment Era" should we continue along one potential path.

justingroves likes this.
  15. IP

IP Super Moderator

wasn't it about 5 presidential terms between nixon and Clinton? and this is the fifth term since Clinton's impeachment? Impeachment era talk is hype to conflate the Starr investigation antics with the narrow specifics of the Trump impeachment, imo.

16. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

There's hype about this? I was just thinking out loud when I posted. I've not read anything.

I thought about Nixon. The impeachment talk has seemed to never go away since Clinton. It wasn't really discussed so much during the Reagan and Bush terms, and I don't remember it being discussed during Carter, but I was a wee little tike then. That and Nixon resigned before things fully developed. There's also the perception and reality that it was longer because more presidents were in office between Nixon and Clinton than Clinton and Trump.

Oh, and to compare with the Clinton witch hunt, there's too much of this sort of thing for them not to be compared.

https://www.politico.eu/article/cou...election-2016-american-president-impeachment/

The Ken Starr smut circus cleared a path for all of what we've seen since with more vocal calls for impeachment from certain groups including both the left and right through both W's and Obama's presidencies, IMO.

In 100 years though, who really knows? It could be whatever Big Brother decides.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I think Clinton will be remembered as an impeached president, more of a trivia question than an important historical figure.

18. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Yeah, he'll get one question on kids' US History test, just like Andrew Johnson, and, probably, Trump, too. I'm just reminded Ronald Reagan's favorite president was Calvin Coolidge and I tell my students the most notable item about him was he liked to take naps (exaggeration, a bit).

justingroves likes this.
  19. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Coolidge might have been the best president of the 20th century

20. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Or any century