2019-2020 Season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Indy, Mar 29, 2019.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I've defended Barnes a lot.

This is mainly on him today. Young, on the road, and mo against you. Call the damn timeouts to calm everyone down.

The Dooz and Unimane like this.
  2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

JJJ has regressed. I don't know if it's the injury or what, but I thought he was playing well in the middle part of the season. Today was shockingly awful.

3. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Yep. I know coaches sometimes like to let their team figure it out, but that situation was begging for a timeout and you usually let experienced teams figure it out.

I can only guess is he's ready to sacrifice accomplishing anything this season for future benefit.

4. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

In general I dont throw many rocks at Barnes. I think he runs a good program and develops players but his lack of willingness to call timeouts during runs is terrible.

Last years team, experienced upper classmen I can get it. To a point.

This bunch, on the road against AU? Flat out ridiculous.

A-Smith likes this.
  5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Its basketball and we were outmanned before Fulk and Vescovi were taken out of the game. Tied with a minute left at their house...we all would have taken it all day. Turnovers killed us obviously. And Pons late 2 shots that rattled out as they hit on the other end were as big as any of the many plays. Hard to close on a good team like that at their house with what we have. Not an excuse. It's the truth.

6. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I think he’s hurt. Those groin injuries aren’t that bad but take forever to go away

7. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Stop this man. It’s a bridge too far today.

8. Ssmiff

He has had the flu and probably shouldnt have played

9. Ssmiff

Then speak to which point I made was wrong

10. Ssmiff

Barnes def shoulda called timeouts but we were still tied with a minute left and you are lying of you say you wouldnt have taken it this morning. Lying thru your teef

11. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

It’s the points that you skip. That this was an inexcusable choke job and the blame falls squarely in Barnes’s lap.

12. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

We weren’t up by 17 this morning

13. Ssmiff

How many turnovers he have? Team loss, including Barnes.

14. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

You're not winning many games in this league with 24 turnovers. Plain and simple.

Today was picturesque of the entire season. Look great at times...look terrible the rest. Never in the middle. No composure, no consistency.

2Maggitt2Quit and Ssmiff like this.
  15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

It’s not “we didn’t close”. We completely collapsed.

16. Ssmiff

Yes we did. And most of it happened after vescovi picked up 4th foul and they ratcheted up pressure with no pg

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Yeah. Seems like a tough thing to handle. Perhaps a timeout to regroup and rethink would have helped.

justingroves likes this.
  18. Ssmiff

Yep and dont remember seeing Gaines. Not sure where he was

19. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

This is true, but I think Barnes saving up timeouts to use when we make a run in the SEC tourney is smart coaching. Top 5 salary coaching shit right there and we are lucky to have it.

20. Ssmiff

Someone said there were 2 tv timeouts during that run. I dont know if that's true.