The New Boxing Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by kidbourbon, Jan 25, 2012.

1. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Lomachenko fights this weekend.

2. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

What a joke

3. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Alvarez always gets the breaks in Vegas. That's two he's lost against GGG which were taken from the rightful winner. He even got a draw card in the Mayweather fight from one judge. If they do fight a third one, GGG should tell him to piss off if Vegas is the site. Go fight in New York or something.

4. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Boxing is a [dadgum] joke. Take the judges out and have an automated scoring system.

5. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

GBP fighters tend to get favorable cards

6. Joseph Brant

Fun PBC card tonight, hoping Caleb Plant gets a strap but he's awfully close into walking into a bomb if he doesn't keep his distance

7. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

This is a good fight

8. Joseph Brant

Good for Caleb, but man his movement is gonna get his bell rung. He slips a lot of bombs with some uncanny sense of positioning.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  9. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I have a friend in London who I took to Ky Derby last year. He's offered to spring me to any combination of Wilder/Fury/Joshua if it happens in England.

Anybody want to give odds on that happening?

10. Unimane

50/50. There's a comment from Fury today that says he'd fight him in the US, so the chances aren't as good as they were. A Joshua--Wilder fight would more likely be in England, but that one seems less likely to happen soon.

11. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I'd really like for it to include AJ. He's the only skillful boxer among the three.

Fury does have some sort of weird bar brawler appeal, though. Wilder is mainly humongous.

12. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Saw where Caleb Plant’s mother was killed in a police shooting...

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

He's no Tyson, but Wilder can still knock the shit out of a guy.

14. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

don't much care about boxing either way but that Ruiz dude is NEXT LEVEL

15. Unimane

That was seriously unexpected.

16. Unimane

Manny Pacquiao is amazing. 40 years old and takes out an undefeated champion in his prime and a good fighter in Keith Thurman.

17. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I was checking round by round info and looked like a great fight for boxing. Kinda feel a comeback. Amongst my group, ufc has faded a little. Did he drop him in round 1?

18. Unimane

Yes. Pacquiao dropped him in round one and just was all over him for the first 5-6 rounds. Then, the fight slowed and Thurman controlled most of the middle rounds and Pac started looking his age. In round 10, though, Pac hit him with a wicked body shot and had the better of the final rounds. Manny would've finished the fight within the first rounds in his prime, but he was showing his age last night. Still, 40 years old and a champion with his style is phenomenal.

19. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

That was a thorough ass whipping

20. Unimane

Kind of a dud fight with Fury-Wilder II. Wilder clearly busted an eardrum and couldn't gather his balance from then on. After it happened, it was just target practice for Fury. I hope there is a third fight.