POLITICS Democratic Nominee 2020 Lollapalooza

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Unimane, Feb 6, 2019.

?

Who will win the Democratic nomination for president in 2020?

1. Biden, J

42.1%
  2. Booker, C

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Buttigieg, P

15.8%
  4. Castro, J

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Clinton, H

15.8%
  6. Harris, K

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Klobuchar, A

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Sanders, B

10.5%
  9. Warren, E

15.8%
  10. Yang, A

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I don't like Sanders, either. I think he has a lot of big plans but waves his hands when it comes to how we are going to pay for it. I say this with only a very high altitude view of his policies, but that is where I am.

I also think he is too old and is coming off a heart attack. Bad combination.

Ssmiff likes this.
  3. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Carville vs Sanders rhetoric is a nice treat.

4. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Okay boomer.

5. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

6. CardinalVol

Hes 100% correct.

gcbvol likes this.
  7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

How old are you?

8. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

Yes, turnout increased from 2012 to 2016, even as the Democrats put forth a thoroughly uninspiring candidate, and still has plenty of room to grow to where it was even in 2008, but expanding the electorate is like denying global warming. Great point, James.

Dems are so obsessed with checking their stupid boxes that they’re forgetting the element of nominating a candidate that actually inspires people to vote for them. Let’s just trot out Hillary Jr. this time, in a strong economy and with Trump as an incumbent. It’s insane to me.

9. NashVol11

Make a point or don’t, but I don’t need this condescending garbage. I understand some of the reasons behind it, but there’s no debating the fact that the DNC wants a nominee other than Sanders.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2020
  10. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Of course they’ll fight tooth and nail to stop him from winning the nomination. They know what the results will be in November if he’s the nominee.

11. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Bernie could be 46 years old and in perfect health and he still wouldn’t win the general election.

justingroves likes this.
  12. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

That's because their tax system hurts them on the aggregate over all with high income rates and a vat tax system.

Denmark is very Laissez-Faire with business. Ranking the 4th freest in the world while the US is 12th

13. NashVol11

As opposed to whom? The centrists have all been massive letdowns. I like Pete ok, but most black people don’t

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm not trying to be condescending, I just wondered how old you are. Most Bernie supporters I've come across are 28 or younger

15. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Watching MSNBC melt down at the thought of Bernie being the nominee is must see TV.

Volst53 likes this.
  16. IP

IP Super Moderator

I've been told trump will win in a landslide no matter what. So let's nominate someone people actually like, there's nothing to lose.

NashVol11 likes this.
  17. NashVol11

Fair, and apologies for taking it the wrong way. Pretty on-the-nose age range, as I’m 28 too. Most of the supporters I know are a few years older than me, but same generation

18. NashVol11

Strong night for Pete so far, IMO, and Bernie is taking some hits.

19. CardinalVol

20. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Biden says he has written a Bill for everything; and stopped Ebola from killing millions of Americans

Last edited: Feb 25, 2020