POLITICS 2020 Election

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by CardinalVol, Nov 7, 2018.

1. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

2. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

gcbvol likes this.
  3. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

4. gcbvol

There isn't one. Unless you're referring to "it'll be the greatest health plan ever, believe me." We'll have to use our imaginations for the numbers.

Unimane likes this.
  5. gcbvol

Even the most recent update on the 2017 ACA repeal plan is absent projected numbers.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/robert...and-republican-health-care-plan/#7fc3fa121846

6. Tenacious D

7. Tenacious D

His won’t cost trillions of dollars.

Because he isn’t for and won’t suggest a public option, and which millions of hard-working Americans* will hate.

*Exponentially more than those who support it.

8. Tenacious D

India welcomes President Trump to the apropos “Macho Man”. Glorious.

9. Tenacious D

Macho Man & FLOTUS:

upload_2020-2-24_15-13-53.png

Attached Files:

10. Tenacious D

11. Tenacious D

We’ve spent $5B on the Obamacare website.

That’s essentially the same as Trump has spent on the big, beautiful and GROWING wall.

12. gcbvol

Tenny, this simply isn't true. Most recent polling (multiple sources) show 65-70% favorable opinion on a public option. Americans are much less enthused about eliminating private insurance for public option only (closer to 50/50).
    [​IMG]

13. Tenacious D

Do you think Obamacare was popular, GCB? You don’t need to google anything - just tell me if you personally believe that Obamacare was popular with more Americans than not.

I’ll trust whatever you come up with.

As to your post, here are some other stats for you (I’m not going to bother with detailing a Kaiser Foundation Poll, tbh):

Here’s another way to say these same things, and which don’t require any mental gymnastics....

68% of respondents did not want a public and private / subsidied option.

74% of respondents did not want a government healthcare plan offered to all citizens

15% of respondents wanted the government to stop paying for ALL HEALTHCARE - ALL. A-L-L. ALL HEALTHCARE - only 11% fewer than the number (26%) who wanted healthcare for ALL.

This is corporate welfare being pushed by Mayor Pete’s billionaire backers. It just so happens to also be the crown jewel in Sanders’ promise of “free shit for all” in the hopes of buying votes, a now singularly well-worn Democratic strategy.

They won’t agree because they’re doing it for different reasons, and it’s like one is selling a plate of shit to Americans and the other is selling a plate of shit + sprinkles.

It’s still shit, to a majority of Americans.

Link: https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehil...-the-government-to-provide-healthcare-for?amp

14. Tenacious D

James Carville on Sanders:

He is trying to tell y’all, and you’ll ignore him at your peril.

If my life depended on winning one election, my first act would be to hire James Carville, and my second act would be to do whatever in the hell he told me, and as quickly as I could do it.

You never know Bill Clinton’s name without James Carville.

Link: https://www.realclearpolitics.com/v...k_he_can_win_by_expanding_the_electorate.html

gcbvol and CardinalVol like this.
  15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I love James Carville. Best political mind of our time.

16. Tenacious D

Quick update: Pay close attention to the part of that video where he says that the GOP is just sitting on a treasure-trove of Bernie intel.

17. Tenacious D

I met him once and have been a fan ever since.

18. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I wouldn't hire Carville to win an election in 2020. 1992, yes, but not these days.

19. Tenacious D

There is always a reason. Always.

upload_2020-2-24_16-5-48.jpeg

20. gcbvol

I don't think you're reading those results correctly. You should add together the 32, 26 and 13 to reflect those who want some sort of public option. The total is actually 71% who want some version of a public option.

Also, the ACA does have a lot of problems. I have very good private insurance and would not swap it for the ACA. It needs to be improved or replaced with a better option. Eliminating it without a better solution makes things worse.