POLITICS My Facebook Feed

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by TennTradition, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Eh, he was decent on a few issues, including subjects like civil rights (even though he signed the racist Immigration Act of 1924), but his foreign policy knowledge and efforts were poor and the economic policies were a big contributor to economic inequality and severe poverty, particularly among farmers, plus the Great Depression loomed as an after effect of his administration. He's, generally, rated as a lower half of all presidents for a reason.

2. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

He basically ended the second wave on the KKK. I'd say he was more than decent at civil rights especially for the times.

His economic polices lead to one of the greatest booms in our history and did not lead to the great depression or hurt farmers.

Farmers were hurt because of the rapid chance in technology and how that increased production and drove prices down.

The Great Depression should have just been a run of the mill recession, but the miss action by the Federal Reserve created the depression and Hoover and FDR's policies to fix it made it worst and last longer.

3. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Coolidge didn't end the 2nd wave of the KKK, they sort of did themselves in through a series of scandals and other factors. He did, though, have a pretty good attitude towards civil rights, even if he didn't do very much other than give Indians citizenship. The Immigration Act was a major stain on his legacy.

His denial of relief for farmers was devastating and his economic policies certainly did contribute to a massive economic and market crash due to his stringent laissez-faire attitude and actions.

He was just meh, to me.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

that last paragraph especially is a libertarian fantasy based purely on ideological necessity. you HAVE to believe it, or the whole thing falls apart because the world is suddenly bigger than an individual.

5. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

You’re out of your depth on that statement.

The Reserve cut the currency by 1/3 during the down turn drying up the money supply, which crashed tons of finical institutions.

This put the country and the rest of the world into a depression.

Banks and members of Congress urged the reserve to change course and to increase monetary instead of restricting it. But they didn’t.

Had the reserve increased the monetary demand the Great Depression would have been just a recession that would haves ended late 1930 or 1931 at the latest.

6. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I wish you’d do a better job of slow playing him, tbh.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm speaking specifically of FDR's policies making it last longer. that's a fantasy

8. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

That’s also not true.

It soften some of the pain but prolonged it.

9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[​IMG]

11. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

That is [uck fay]ing amazing.

12. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

No way it is not meant to be taken that way.

13. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

A more cynical person might believe that those in charge of the Federal Reserve did it on purpose.

Business acquisition was really cheap and rampant during the depression, as people went bankrupt. So one could make the point those pulling the strings behind the curtains at the federal reserve did it for personal gain.

14. cpninja

cpninja Member

15. CardinalVol

16. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Wait what?

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Mississippi?

18. CardinalVol

No, you read it correctly.

19. CardinalVol

No clue, buddy of mine just shared it and ripped it. It's not his kid. No idea where he found it.

20. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I'd be more incline to believe it, if that truck had a smoke stack