POLITICS Fostering and Adoption

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by gcbvol, Feb 27, 2020.

1. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Religious freedom is a pillar of this country and I support. However, this is such a powerful argument for why inclusion and the greater good is also extremely important. These 8 minutes are worth the look.

2. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I don’t get the opposition. Seems it’s either born from the absurd notion that gay men must also be pedophiles, or that straight children raised by gay parents will gradually become gay themselves.

God forbid we offer loving homes to deserted children.

justingroves, NashVol11 and VolDad like this.
  3. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

All things equal, traditional families should come first but after that I have no issue with gay families being able to adopt.

Kids do better in stable loving environments no matter the make up.

VolDad likes this.
  4. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I have a friend who works for DSS and works on the adoption side.

she had a foster family tell a kid over the last several weeks that he had a forever family in them.

they changed their minds and confidentially communicates to DSS, but not the kid. She had to go to the home today while he was in school, not suspecting a thing, and collect all of his things which they’d packed up, and then she had to go to school and take him out, unenroll him, and inform him that he’ll now be attending a new school and will he assigned to a group home.

can you imagine how a child processes that kind of rejection. My heart breaks

justingroves likes this.
  5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

That is just sad as [uck fay]. Kids never deserve that.

6. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

This is [uck fay]ing stupid.

Traditional or non-traditional, if it's a good and loving environment for the child and one that is able to support a child financially, then all should get equal consideration.

JudgmentVol and InVolNerable like this.
  7. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

i don't believe an adoption should be prevented because of a non-traditional family. i also don't believe a religious org should be forced to place a child in a non-traditional family

justingroves likes this.
  8. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Incredibly heartbreaking. Difficult to grasp the emotional impact not only now, but ongoing.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

then why traditional families first? technically a traditional family is first if the kid was conceived naturally. already 0-1.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Pretty sure that bearded billboard lawyer in Knoxville pulled something like this.

11. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Being conceived naturally doesn’t mean you were wanted or from a traditional family.

Most now aren’t born in stable traditional families even though they’re conceived naturally.

I just feel that the optimal environment for a child is in a loving caring environment with a man and a woman.

That doesn’t mean that I don’t think gays can’t be amazing parents or shouldn’t be allowed too.

12. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Yeah there’s a lot of messed up situations in our foster system.

13. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

A friend does adoptions. Just told me about a case where a kid who had been fostered for 2+ years and was weeks away from completing the adoption to family was disrupted when foster / adopting parents realized that the State wouldn’t continue to pay for daycare after the adoption. So, kid is no longer in that home and is now looking for another foster home.

After 2 years.

I hate people.

14. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Yep, this pisses me off. If you love the kid you find a way to make it work.

JT5 likes this.
  15. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I couldn’t do this to a dog. Much less a child. Unimaginable.

NYY, justingroves and zehr27 like this.