Netflix Streaming Recommendations/TV Talk

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Aug 31, 2011.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I love Terry Crews....but I hate his character on the show. It’s so stupidly overplayed.

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

He’s got a mouse in his pocket

3. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

We'll allow it.

4. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Just started. Decent so far.

5. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I actually finished it last night.

I thought it had promise at the start and through the middle, but it was meh by the end.

6. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Just started Altered Carbon. A co-worker says it one of the best shows he's ever watched and we usually like the same stuff, so interested to see how it is.

hohenfelsvol likes this.
  7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I may need to revisit that show. Tried it but it didnt click in first 2 shows so I bailed.

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Same here. Netflix has like a 90% miss rate for me.

zehr27 and TangoUniform like this.
  9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Spoiler alert:

Dude makes phone call five minutes before his death. Police get there and the guy has a bag over his head that’s clearly been pulled tight over his face from behind. Front door wide open. Cell phone missing. No history of mental illness. Obvious suicide.

Then later... we’ve got this key and this crown. Together they are crazy powerful and we can’t let them get in the hands of the bad guy. Key is here with us, currently in the safekeeping of the three people the bad guy can’t take the key from. Let’s give the key to someone that the bad guy can take it from, someone that just moments ago admitted to having conspired with the villain for weeks, and let her take it to where both the villain and the crown are thought to be.

10. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Also Spoiler Alert:

Sam has come to Key House and is threatening the family. We have a music box key that let's us control someone's actions. Instead of using it to have bad guy jump through a window/kill himself/etc., we'll just pretend that key no longer exists other than to make the girl do a lap dance in front of the school.

Also, what tf happened to the girls fear? Did it just run off never to be seen again? It attacked the girl at the school and then it wasn't mentioned again.

Why did the woman wait until she was middle-aged to attempt to bring back Lucas? Was she planning on having some cougarish romance with her high school boyfriend? It seems that she would have tried to bring him back shortly after his death as opposed to decades later.

11. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

TV is shit lately

12. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I'm watching Life on the Line. This is shit. Absolute shit.

13. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Cheer is worth checking out....seriously.

Also, Ozark dropped!

Tenacious D likes this.
  14. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Need a new one to watch with wife. In on Ozark. Tiger King is kinda getting annoying.
    This season Sinner has sucked. Hes making me nervous

15. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Really enjoyed Cheer. Done by the same folks as Last Chance U, so it has that vibe. The change of subject is refreshing, and the coach is awesome.

Tenacious D likes this.
  16. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Discovered "How It's Made" was on-demand through my Hulu sub.

Excited to have another mindless TV option to burn time.

17. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Just finished The Mandalorian.

Was good. Really good. Really really good.

What you get when you have a single person driving the bus, unlike the crapfest that was episodes 7-9 (though I LOVED Force Awakens, the rest of it was bad and then horrible ).

But the Mandalorian is too notch, Western in space epic story telling.

And Cara Dune can shock troop me all she wants.

18. TBSVOL

TBSVOL Member

Finished it last week and enjoyed ( i like sci-fi shit)
    Watching Ozark season 3 now

19. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Y'all checked out the Formula One show on Netflix?

I've honestly never watched a race, but it's one of the better sports doc series I've watched. Almost better to go in knowing nothing

20. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Anybody watch Peaky Binders (sp?)?