COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

All fair.

I do think it’s almost certain that he’s seen data that has yet to be made public. That still wouldn’t explain his saying it, but I think there’s a reason for that, too.

I am certain - certain - that Trump is pushing every button at his disposal to find a cure, and sooner rather than later.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Many of the psychiatric side effects can occur and persist after even one dose. I don't know about the heart stuff.

We haven't talked about that, but this is associated with all sorts of weird personality changes, suicidal thoughts, etc. in SOME people. Not sure how prevalent that is.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

We're such a pill-happy society. Every problem must have a pill that makes it better, waiting for us to figure out which one it is.

Volst53 and SetVol13 like this.
  4. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

He probably would have been if he doesn't play for Jerry jones.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I wouldn’t consider it in an asymptomatic or mildly symptomatic patient.

I’d have to do a crap ton of research beyond that.

Tenacious D likes this.
  6. IP

IP Super Moderator

I already took 10, now what?

7. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Why would such a thing devolve politically; which I agree it is?

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Because it is an example of something apolitical being used as a political tool, and thus some try to counter it which inevitably means they also begin using it as a tool.

But it's just a chemical substance, and should be considered only in that lense. And it could or could not become an effective treatment, but more most likely some shade of gray.

9. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Trump says words.

Media questions words.

Some media suggests words make Trump bad.

Other media circle wagons around Trump.

Trump stokes flames.

Media melts down.

Something like that?

SetVol13, IP and Volst53 like this.
  10. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

I heard a guy on local radio Fri, (I think he may have been a teacher or missionary in Africa) that said he took it for malaria and mentioned having crazy dreams after the fact. He said they eventually subsided.

He said something along the lines of "...it sucked, but I guess it was better than malaria."

11. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Yeah I keep going back and forth in my own mind on the political tool bit.

I do t trust myself enough with my feelings about Trump to fully make a call on that one.

My right brain says Trump wants to control the narrative to his benefit. He’s just fighting for the man. If it does wrong, who knew

My left brain says for whatever reason he has keyed in on this treatment (maybe a good reason) and he’s expressing hope and trying to lift people because he thinks it will help.

12. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I understand the Political snipping. As pointed out in the other thread discussing the ships captain, it happens to every President.

But if they (Republicans and Democrats) cannot come together during a World wide pandemic killing thousands of our sons, daughters, fathers, mothers, wives, husband, etc. ; then when can they come together.

Bunch of self centered, shallow, low lifes, we sent to Washington.

13. Beechervol

yeah.

Whatever gets me back out doing what I want to do everyday.....

14. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

People are lazy.

Most of our health issues are caused due to our own actions. Inactivity and poor diets being the biggest issue

15. Beechervol

Go hide in the closet.

16. Beechervol

Then we wait for a Dr or politician to save us from ourselves.

17. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

It’s a miracle I survived

A-Smith likes this.
  18. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Yet we keep buying these same two brands.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

That sounds so accurate on so many topics.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

So this drug stuff is the main story now, nationally. Good grief. Whether it works or not, this is a damaging conversation for public safety.

A-Smith likes this.