COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Agreed.

Of course now that it can be a future political topic somebody figured out he ought to walk that back.

"Joe Biden supports travel bans that are guided by medical experts, advocated by public health officials, and backed by a full strategy," Kate Bedingfeld, Biden's deputy campaign manager, told CNN. "Science supported this ban, therefore he did too."

Ironically Trump's name was all over the first comments a coupe months back. Now? No mention of him.

Political racket.

zehr27 likes this.
  2. vols4sure

vols4sure Member

Drug that is non-addictive and generally has no serious side effects. How dare US doctors try to treat their patients in such a manner!

MaconVol and Tenacious D like this.
  3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I agree. it did not. yet we did not take advantage of the time it bought. that's my only point. it was right to do it, it was and is broadly agreed as necessary despite the revisions now, but it was not enough alone to minimize losses.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

no serious side effects? try harder.

5. Beechervol

...and now, the rest of the story.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

no wonder we have an opioid problem. McMedicine, custom order, no studies or proven efficacy needed.

7. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

This did not help...

430,000 People Have Traveled From China to U.S. Since Coronavirus Surfaced
    There were 1,300 direct flights to 17 cities before President Trump’s travel restrictions. Since then, nearly 40,000 Americans and other authorized travelers have made the trip, some this past week and many with spotty screening.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/04/us/coronavirus-china-travel-restrictions.html

IP likes this.
  8. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

But China and The Who lied about how contagious the virus was too which left us flat footed early on our preparation.

We fumbled the ball early but for the most part have recovered and on solid footing now.

The democrats are going to have a hard time painting that to trump with the Democratic leadership down playing it and telling people to go Chinatown celebrations, favorite restaurants, and live your life.

Hell Biden is having to stay locked up and doing limited tv due to his stuttering and whatnot in a time of crisis instead of leading.

9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

10. Beechervol

The Drs are fighting a war with the army they have. Not the one they want.

If they believe it is helping they should use it.

11. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Pain pills were studied by scientists, then it turned into an epidemic of addiction and primed people for run at heroin. Kills plenty each year. Ruins families and careers daily. Why should i give a shit if scientists who created opioids, supposedly need to give us permission? They knew the side effects of pills, and knew chemical dependency would follow. Yay for having a good system in place to protect people from side effects, right?
    Talk about delusional.

12. vols4sure

vols4sure Member

So hydroxychloroquine is all of a sudden going to be an abused drug like opioids despite its long availability?

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

We've done way worse, on a much broader scale, when no serious pandemic was breathing down our necks.

justingroves likes this.
  14. IP

IP Super Moderator

This is some 1984 level mistruthing you are doing. "Leadership" saying to go to Chinatown? To live your life? Biden has been hosting live streams. Trump listened to China, who he himself says can't be trusted?

Wow, man. Wow.

JudgmentVol and Unimane like this.
  15. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

I've taken hydroxychloroquine on 4 different deployments. Never gave me the feeling that it could be addictive.

hohenfelsvol and Tenacious D like this.
  16. IP

IP Super Moderator

What?

1. No, it isn't addictive. The comparison is because you can just get what you want even if it isn't required or proven effective. Like antibiotics would be a direct analogy to the misuse.
    2. Opioids are far older so your logic as to why you think I'm wrong is actually wrong.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

I didn't claim it was, he just read it that way.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Not much of a guiding parameter.

19. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Is Pelosi not leadership of the party?

Biden is out of the light as much as possible. You can spin it anyway you need to

Tenacious D likes this.
  20. vols4sure

vols4sure Member

IP - why are you upset with doctors prescribing the drug to Covid-19 patients? Why does their prescribing the drug equate us to a third world country?