POLITICS 2020 Election

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by CardinalVol, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I said they were about 10+ years ago and have moved left-center. You could go back and read it if you want. I think saying Tolchin was a founder of Politico is a bit of an overstatement, to my understanding. Tolchin founded The Hill and gave advice to the guys who started Politico.

His take is dumb, though.

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

For the record, at least he’s beat honest.

And I don’t support any inquiry into this, whatsoever, believing that nothing either condones or compels it, as Joe isn’t an officeholder.

Let the DNC vet their candidate, on their own, and force Trump’s team try to pin it on him while on the road to the election. The People are the only inquiry that matter, or is even necessary, in deciding the issue, IMO.

Or, another way to say it: The exact reason that we hold elections.

I don’t understand the rationale that Congress - literally and universally believed to be the single most dysfunctional body in existence - can be trusted to get to the bottom of anything, much less successfully resolve it. Any inquiry into Biden would be a gigantic waste of everyone’s time, energy and the taxpayer’s money.

kptvol likes this.
  3. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Yeah I can handle that point of view.

We don’t give a shit. He’s our guy is at least honest.

The mental gymnastics to actually believe you’re the party of women though is the bullshit part.

justingroves and zehr27 like this.
  4. IP

IP Super Moderator

His take is dangerously dumb. It's so bad it looks like parody, and he should be ashamed of himself for that level of cynicism.

5. Unimane

It really is stupid and to air it, furthermore. Dude is 91, though. I give it a few days before he is projected by conservatives as being the official spokesperson for the left.

6. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

If you need any proof that the left is crazy and out of touch, take a look at what their official spokesperson is saying:

Indy, warhammer, justingroves and 2 others like this.
  7. Unimane

Ok, a couple of hours.

NorrisAlan and VolDad like this.
  8. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

A7C0BB66-C3A3-41A9-84AE-6D0154DB4B81.jpeg

zehr27 and VolDad like this.
  9. IP

IP Super Moderator

So do you guys just like the messaging of him having a mental disorder for political purposes, or do you sincerely believe he has a mental disorder and like to make fun of people with mental disorders?

Just looking for clarification.

10. Tenacious D

I strongly believe that he has a legitimate mental disorder.

I think it’s so self-evident as to not even be worthy of serious debate.

I think the DNC damned well knows this, and is simply wheeling him out there for Trump to aim at for several months while their actual candidate skates unscathed, and before they yank Joe and officially replace him.

My only questions are who they replace him with and when they do it - before the convention or soon after the election (if he wins, which he won’t) - and not a question of if.

My money is all-in on Hillary. In fact, if you think she dictates the talking points for the NYT (she does), then one could argue that she’s not only pushing the Tara Reade situation, but far more and far more effectively, than even Trump / the GOP.

Hell, Hillary’s so power-crazed that she’s touting herself more than Joe...while endorsing Joe. And it’s Hillary who is pushing this narrative. Because she’s still more powerful than the weak-willed and still nearly bankrupt DNC. That’s why. And it’s just the way she likes it.

The longer Joe languishes out front, the more desperate the DNC electorate will become if he’s replaced. And the more desperate they become, the safer the replacement will have to be, and there isn’t a seemingly safer replacement candidate than Hillary Clinton.

And she already beat him in the popular vote.
    And she’s already got the network in place.
    And she’s learned her lessons this time around.
    And all of you libs will be so grateful to have her in the wings, that you’ll all just accept her.

Problem is, she’s still Hillary Clinton.
    And she has no delegates.
    And her platform is still utter rubbish.
    And “I’m not Trump” won’t help her.

That Trump is infinitely stronger, and enjoys both unprecedented support amongst the GOP and a commanding lead with Independents sure shit doesn’t help. When coupled with the impeachment fiasco and the bump of an incumbent, he’s damned near invincible.

Look, everyone can hate if all day long. Die hating it, for all that I care. If you want to tell me of another outcome, start by telling me the specific states that Joe or Hillary or whomever else is going to flip, first. Because that’s where the rubber truly meets the road.

I think it’s sad what they’re doing to him, and I’m mocking their ham-handed political “maneuvering” and not Joe, personally.

mmmjtx likes this.
  11. Tenacious D

I’ll give you three guesses as to which party hates that Bernie has been added back to the ballot, and a tallying of the votes he’ll receive.

upload_2020-5-6_1-18-37.png

Attached Files:

12. Butthole

Butthole Chieftain

Some bad press for Politico sense unimane gave them praise.

13. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

It’s starting to seem like both. Because if the right as a whole actually cared about the possibility of a President having a mental illness, they’d be asking the same questions of Trump.

Here he doesn’t even know what country he’s the President of:

It’s clear that Trump needs a full and complete mental health examination.

14. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Why do Libs have a list of Dr's they trot out to say Biden has no issues if there is not a cloud of suspicion?

He did well, cognitively speaking, during the part of the MSNBC interview that I watched the other morning. Other times he has me scratching my head; and it is not a stutter. I look forward to the debates.

15. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Somebody needs to step in. Thats all.

16. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I say we do a tournament, thunderdome style with the GOP docs who defend Trump (can't name one, but I'm sure they are out there) facing the Lib docs for Biden. Winners take the election.

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

We need Biden to come in and force intercourse on the rest of the world.

18. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I really think he has an issue.

19. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Not sure there are enough people on this board that are dumb enough to try and defend Biden on this issue while trying to convince others its actually Trump with the mental disorder.

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

focusing on the important stuff

btw if you read the article it appears he was pretty damn good at baseball