College Football 2020

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by kptvol, Apr 26, 2020.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Turn, turn, turn.

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Suppose football was canceled. How many people would watch if EA created another college football game and got the coaches and maybe a selection of 3-5 players to Zoom in and talk trash while the video game was streamed?

Could we have Pruitt making fun of Kirby’s bowl cut while smashing buttons on a PlayStation controller and spitting dip into an empty Mountain Dew bottle?

SetVol13 and justingroves like this.
  3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

season officially is canceled. football gods won't let this happen

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Way to go, Cal.

Way to go.

droski likes this.
  5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Claim the title. Folks have claimed titles for less.

droski likes this.
  6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I was watching the 1978 usc / Nd game with my boys and they mentioned Alabama was awarded a nc from some service even though usc beat them in their own stadium handily during the season.

Tenacious D and IP like this.
  7. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Too late bammer already has.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  8. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

They count some from years where a local almanac picked them - like if Rocky Top Magazine picked the Vols, and we claimed that one.

Or if the Burning Man Gazette picked Cal and they claimed that one.

A-Smith and justingroves like this.
  9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

A few colleges in California already announcing they’ll be online only this fall.

10. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I read they also, though, on site facilities will be open, like libraries, tutoring, etc. So, some contact could occur. I wonder if this allows a window for athletics.

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

12. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

wrong thread but cv and sports related as far as getting back on track, we are being told lacrosse will begin in june. Local club soccer training begins in next couple of weeks and trainers are back training at gyms, D1, etc.

13. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I was starting to feel good but if the trend of children showing the inflammation response to the virus continues.

I think that puts it in the air again.

One of my assistant coaches is a mayor and he doesn’t think we’ll have football but other sports may get to play.

He said the social distancing is going to make football starting on time rough

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

How common is that inflammation response?

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Appears to be rare, but the panic factor will multiply x100 if kids start having problems.

Also seems some kids aren’t having this issue until a while after they’ve cleared the viral infection.

justingroves and Volst53 like this.
  16. IP

IP Super Moderator

[uck fay]ing spectacular, child shingles.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I had shingles as a child, [uck fay]ing terrible

18. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

So i took a statin a few years ago. Was told i had to. It ended up waking up my dormant chicken pox in my cells, which turned into shingles from my chest to my spine on one side. Only way to explain the pain is to describe it as a bunch of fire hot pokers inside your body that are poking and want out, 24/7, for quite some time.

19. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

IP likes this.
  20. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Statins are bullshit and evil