COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Kill it.

A-Smith, IP and BigOrangeBeech like this.
  3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Washing your hands seems to be evergreen advice for general infection control.

4. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

You're talking about making your own decision. I'm asking you how you came to your decision, not someone else's.

5. fl0at_

That is some solid mask work.

6. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I never said I don't listen to and take advice or make decisions based on the opinions of others, especially those who are professionals at what they do. Just that I have to make up my own mind on what I hear, read and research, and I'll leave it that. From what I've gathered and I have said as such in previous posts, there's differences in opinions on several avenues of this virus.

I obviously have stepped on some toes with simply stating how I feel about it, for which I deeply apologize. It was not my intention.

7. fl0at_

Not stepping on toes, just trying to understand the thought process. You aren't the only one with your belief.

To me, it is alien to take a minority stance and rigorously apply it to my life. But you seem to be the opposite.

It's like since there isn't a consensus on how to be in public, you decided to do the minority thing.

I'm just trying to understand what process someone goes through to arrive at that as being the best risk management model for their life.

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Fl0at, do you recall the name of the bar on Front Street over close to the entrance to Mud Island? It was an Irish name.

There was a sign on the men’s room mirror there that said “Employees must wash penis.” Made me laugh every time.

9. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

It doesn't appear that I'm in the minority in my area. Been a few different places the last few days and there are more people not wearing masks than are. And that's people of all ages too.

But again, I didn't mean for it to open up a debate, of which I shouldn't have even commented. My apologies and carry on.

10. fl0at_

Flanagans? Something like that, I think.

Ferroros?

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Fellatio's

12. fl0at_

Coming soon to Cooper-Young.

13. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Why would you pour motor oil in a hole in your yard when you can use it in your wood stove?

Volst53 and NorrisAlan like this.
  14. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

upload_2020-5-19_21-37-28.gif

15. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

No offense beech, but you seem like the type of man who would get cv and intentionally infect other people. I was told the same about myself on here so i need a teammate

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

What's the deal in Florida? The state wanted folks to stop tracking/falsify coronavirus tracking data, and then fired them when they wouldn't, allegedly?

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I don’t think it’s just Florida. Elective surgeries aren’t happening and a lot of these hospitals might go under and want that Covid money

18. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

If it’s happening we’ll see it in the excess death days over the next few weeks. We have good resolution up to the end of April but due to lags we’ll have to wait for May. Through April, COVID deaths were tracking well with excess deaths meaning we weren’t seeing significant overcounting.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

No other way around. They were asking them to not count them. Dude, look at the excess overall death rates. They're tracking higher than the reported COVID numbers.

20. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Starting to think we're going to have to keep large gathering indoor activities closed for a while.

My jury is still out on outside ones, but the initial results coming back from churches don't look promising.