Netflix Streaming Recommendations/TV Talk

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Aug 31, 2011.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I just finished a second watch of Breaking Bad, too. Shit holds up strong.

2. Tenacious D

I tried to watch it, but only got about half through first episode and turned it off.

I tried to watch Mad Men on two separate occasions (about a year apart) and couldn’t get into it. A friend suggested that I just commit to watching the first four episodes to get hooked, and once I did that, I couldn’t get enough.

Maybe The Wire will be similarly slow-starting.

3. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Yep. The slow parts seem even slower the second time around, but they make up for it in spades.

4. Tenacious D

Yeah, on second watch, they [uck fay] around a lot more in that final season - especially compared to the first 3 which were really well and quickly paced.

I hated Skyler’s entire character, throughout. I understand the necessity of it, but I especially loathed all of the gratuitous screen time she got in the last two seasons, and which greatly contributed to the slowed pace, IMO.

5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Wife likes schitts creek but i find myself annoyed every time i try to watch. I have a ridiculous and vast sense of humor but its like Dane Cook to me. Not even a giggle

kmf600 likes this.
  6. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I've had a few different people recommend it to me the last couple of days, but it just doesn't look funny to me.

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I watched a couple episodes. Zero funniness.

kmf600 likes this.
  8. Ssmiff

The main character is "supposed to be that way" my wife says, but annoys me more than any other actress or actor out there.
    Id rather go hear indy speak for an hour about good decision making than watch another episode

9. Ssmiff

It appears you and i have the same tastes when it comes to shows and seem to dislike the same ones which are popular

10. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Schitt’s Creek is great....some of the better character development you’ll see in a sitcom.

Last edited: May 21, 2020
    SetVol13 likes this.
  11. Ssmiff

Last night was a spin the bottle pj party where the gay character kissed his sisters husband and it became a big ordeal with her and his bf,
    and the main lady had to babysit and they had trouble with a diaper.
    Pshhh

12. Tenacious D

It’s a middle-aged version of Friends, meaning, utter rubbish.

13. Tenacious D

Agreed. Mirror images.

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

[​IMG]

Ssmiff and IP like this.
  15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

this

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

West World was decent. I actually started out on the 2nd season of it a while back, never watching the first season (girlfriend had already seen it, so we just moved forward). We watched the third season a short bit ago and then went back to watch the first season.

First season was BY FAR the best of the three, and I feel they could have very easily drawn it out into multiple seasons. Also wouldn't be surprised to see them go back and do a sort of "prequel" series.

17. Ssmiff

Shows man. Shows. Net. Flix

Tenacious D likes this.
  18. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Schitt's Creek is pretty solid. I probably only caught a third of the episodes, but it cracked me up. I could see it being a little too quirky for some.

19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I wanted her to die so bad. So, so bad.

Tenacious D and InVolNerable like this.
  20. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

My wife loves it too. The dad and son have some funny moments, but the mom and daughter absolutely ruin the show. They are unbearable without the slightest bit of redeeming humor. I have to leave the room when she turns it on, or it'll ruin Catherine O'Hara and Home Alone, Beetlejuice, and any other movie she's been in forever.

Last edited: May 21, 2020
    Tenacious D, Ssmiff and justingroves like this.