2021 Recruiting Thread

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by govols182, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

BigOrangeBeech likes this.
  2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

How about the juco rb jumping to a 4* when the ratings guys finally watched the same tapes we did.

3. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Tenacious D likes this.
  4. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Right after Disney bought ESPN and ABC there were a few years of shenanigans. ABC carried the Big 10 but not the SEC. I bet you there was an anti-Manning internal memo.

I believe 95 was the last year ABC carried the SEC because I seem to remember Keith Jackson (or maybe Musburger) describing our secondary as a buffet table for Danny Wuerffel.

The culture with Jordan and the idea that only champions should get individual trophies was going strong then too.

5. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Tenacious D, IP and A-Smith like this.
  6. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Another shitty 4 star. WTH Pruitt.

7. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Glad he didn’t commit yesterday or he’d be a low 3.

Memtownvol likes this.
  8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Memtownvol, IP and yont sum iss? like this.
  9. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Top 100 player on Rivals.

IP likes this.
  10. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

1. They def attempted to orchestrate an all BIG10 national title game following Michigan's loss to OSU in '06. They weren't able to pull it off and both teams got hammered by far superior squads in their respective bowl games.

2. Without a doubt. It really shouldn't have mattered though. Go back and watch those '97 games and tell me that Cutcliffe and Fulmer weren't trying to make him Ty Detmer from the opening snap against Texas Tech. Had they actually focused on a balanced offensive attack, Tennessee decimates everyone on their schedule and Manning wins the Heisman with identical numbers to his '95 campaign (3000/22/4).

3. While that's true, ESPN did turn around a few years later and catapulted Eric Crouch's Heisman bid by defining it as a "career award" when Rex Grossman and Ken Dorsey were far more deserving. ESPN's shenanigans was a hearty combo of brazen/shameless.

Tenacious D likes this.
  11. Tenacious D

12. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

I suspect that it's a combo of someone being lazy when slapping together a few clips and him being disinterested with lower competition.

His offers are good.

Tenacious D likes this.
  13. IP

IP Super Moderator

14. Ssmiff

15. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Moose barely in the Top 5.

16. Ssmiff

This new kid from NC has some Jennings in him from a size, skill and ability to play anywhere from qb to wr to lb to safety. Poaition may depend on how much he wants to bulk up

17. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

The experts believe these guys are all such outstanding recruiters that as soon as they reel a kid in, it’s determined that that kid must not’ve been as good as those same experts originally thought.

Memtownvol and warhammer like this.
  18. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Don't blaspheme

TDVol1989 likes this.
  19. Tenacious D

Damn.

20. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

WTF? I am ready to start fahring people.