POLITICS Democratic Nominee 2020 Lollapalooza

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Unimane, Feb 6, 2019.

?

Who will win the Democratic nomination for president in 2020?

1. Biden, J

42.1%
  2. Booker, C

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Buttigieg, P

15.8%
  4. Castro, J

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Clinton, H

15.8%
  6. Harris, K

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Klobuchar, A

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Sanders, B

10.5%
  9. Warren, E

15.8%
  10. Yang, A

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

no i'm saying democrats think they are stupid enough to believe this shit. i have faith that black people can think for themselves unlike joe.

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

no it wasn't a joke. he was trying to repeat his tired garbage about being a champion for black people. i think he really does believe he's some sort of savior of black people.

3. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Ok, politicians don’t always mean what it sounds like. They also lie. They also misspeak. They’re often stupid - and there needn’t be any inherent evil afoot.

I’ll take all of that, and will hold it in my pocket for later.

4. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

No.

This guy doing the interview isn't known for just giving softball questions. Biden's team should have known that going into it.

He pushed Biden about what he would actually do for the black community and he wants to know what's in it for them instead of just voting D because it's expected.

Then Biden got defensive and made this statement and toldhim to look at his voting history, instead of laying out policies that would actually help black communities

5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

No, you said, to the effect of, black people are finally waking up to the Democrats. I have said nothing of how they should or should not vote, that's 100% you. Your projection here is strong.

IP likes this.
  6. Tenacious D

If you don’t believe that all black people must vote for Democrats, you’re a horse-faced liar and who isn’t really white.

7. Tenacious D

Exactly.

It was the last line in an already rapidly devolving conversation.

8. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Pete had by far the best plan for Black Americans and was dubbed a racist by the left.

FYI - Charlamagne said he was the most impressive of all the candidates he interviewed.

9. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

No one was beating Biden once Obama got the machine behind him

10. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I think most of that is true. It also doesn't forgive the message in them.

And, yes, I continue to stand by the point that he doesn't literally believe the guy isn't black - despite the words he used (it was argued here that he was literally saying that). I believe he was saying that to make a point of "black people should not have a hard time making the decision - and if you are having a hard time you aren't REALLY black". And that personally is what makes it a very bad statement. It ties political support to race identity. Tie up your support to this train, or you aren't really black.

Unimane likes this.
  11. Unimane

I think that was the work mostly of an extreme version of the Bernie cohort. I see a lot of them on Twitter still heavily pushing for the Democrats to dump Biden and insert Bernie as the candidate, as well as promoting the idea Bernie was done wrong by being forced to go one on one against Biden. They just seem to be perpetual shit stirrers who want exactly what they want or will create chaos. Pete didn't fit the strict litmus test, so he had to be taken down.

I do think Pete was a bit green for this particular race, but I did like him quite a bit, and considered voting for him in the primary until he dropped out before it came. I would like to see him run for Congress, probably a House seat, though, since a Democrat winning a state wide seat in Indiana would be tough.

gcbvol likes this.
  12. Tenacious D

I know that you don’t intend this, and I don’t mean this as a barb....but it sounds worse and worse, the more you explain what you think he “actually” meant.

13. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

14. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I agree with Uni and his merry band of libs. Trump? Biden? It's all the same.

15. TennTradition

You mean I'm digging a hole for me, or for him?

I do think what he said was quite bad. So I don't mind digging a hole for him.

If I'm digging a hole for me in that I'm running counter to the logic I tend to usually want to apply, I don't mind that being called out and I'll critically evaluate it.

16. Unimane

Well, Biden is certainly different than Trump in one way, he apologized for his comments this afternoon.

17. TennTradition

I agree with what this guy said, "these are comments you make, even in jest."

It isn't up to the vice-president to determine "who is black enough or not."

It's a good take.

Also worth noting the coverage was on MSNBC - good to see they aren't ignoring the comments.

18. TennTradition

Add that to the list of reasons he won't beat Trump. It appears folks don't like people who apologize, even when wrong.

The Dooz likes this.
  19. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

The moral of this story is [uck fay] the GOP and [uck fay] the Democratic party.

Carry on.

Volst53 and warhammer like this.
  20. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

[​IMG]

Volst53 likes this.