2021 Recruiting Thread

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by govols182, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Taylor has said his recruitment is open, so I have to think he's one of the guys who goes elsewhere or is recruited over. I also think Bell is going to the DL. Wolfe is a guy we definitely want, though.

2. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

He's a tremendous athlete that hasn't focused solely on football yet. Plays basketball too.

3. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

When Peyton announced he was returning, I was not too happy. I wasn't pissy about it or anything, but folks couldn't believe I wasn't thrilled.

4. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Just picked up a 6-7,260 guy from Albertville, AL Trinity Bell

Memtownvol and Tenacious D like this.
  5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I think Taylor leaves and Bell ends up on the dline

6. BigOrangeBeech

Bell definitely looks like he could be a star on the DL.

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

What did you pick up in your other hand?

8. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Australia.

9. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Nanner puddin’

10. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

How many spread teams have their OLs in a three point and proceed to fire off the line into their blocking engagements?

11. BigOrangeBeech

Austin Price says we are in a great spot with Payton Page and also likes where we are with the Ingrams-Dawkins kid out of SC.

12. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Literally a huge difference maker.

13. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Amazing what a staff of motivated recruiters can accomplish with a former great recruiter as AD.

14. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Colson to Michigan.

15. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Hopefully they get Wolfe and Pennington or else the in state showing will be pretty bad this year.

16. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Junior Colson 4* LB from Tennessee goes to Michigan. Looking to get Smael Mondon to cushion the loss.

17. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Colsons family roots made that call awhile ago.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  18. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I understand why Junior choose Michigan, but are we ever going to get one of these elite Ravenwood prospects? Seems like that program is really taking off and pumps out big time prospects every year now. Hell, last I checked half of the RHS coaches are all ex Titans/other NFL coaches and players. Parents keep moving their gifted football son into the area just so they can play there. Kinda like how the elite baseball guys would squad up at Farragut over the past 15 years or so. We need to infuse some more UT loyalty into Brentwood and make big a** Middle TN public schools like Ravenwood a pipeline in the future.

TennTradition likes this.
  19. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Re ravenwood, jmo but with 3 kids in wmsn county at brentwood and seeing a lot of them play, they have some good players. Mostly transplants who have no love for tn. for example the TE and colson.
    That said, outside of the wr who went to UF 4-5 years ago, ravenwood hasnt put out much successful D1 talent that i know about. They and brentwood dominate the area recently, but there are better players elsewhere still. Jmo

20. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Reggie Grimes, #1 prospect in the state by most scouting services for the majority of the cycle, signed with Oklahoma this winter. There are others I'm failing to remember (mostly linemen to lower tier power 5 schools). Where is there a better collective pool of in state public school talent than Williamson and Rutherford Counties year in and year out? And that is considering the fact that BA, BGA, Lipscomb, Father Ryan, MBA, ect. poach half their kids from the Williamson County area. Davidson County will produce a John Henderson/Lamarcus Coker/Tiny Richardson freak of a talent a few times a decade. Memphis is Memphis, but we all know historically that city doesn't exactly steer many of their elite prospects to the Hill. And Knoxville has the Maryvilles and Beardens of the world, but I do not recall too many elite prospects that everyone in America wanted coming from the 865 other than the Clemson trio recently that Butch magically F'ed up. I'd take a Williamson or Rutherford County allstar team over a Shelby, Davidson and Knox county allstar team most years now.

Ravenwood and their rival Wilco schools are still growing population wise. The amount of neighborhoods popping up in the RHS zoning district is staggering. Ravenwood's football program still has only been playing football for just 15 years now and has been to the state final 4 or 5 times and won the whole thing 2 0r 3 times (not easy when you have to go through Williamson/Rutherford county and the best team from Memphis each year just to have the right to play freaking Maryville in the final). It's not a BA/Ensworth/MBA/Catholic/McCallie type pipeline, and naturally probably never will, but it's still a school where Pruitt and Fulmer and Randy Boyd should be sending the principal, AD and head football coach hand written Christmas and birthday cards each year.

We need to invest more energy and influence into the Franklins, Brentwoods, Ravenwoods, Blackmans, and Riverdales of the world. Whenever these schools have a coveted 4/5* there needs to be precedent and culture in place internally that makes it hard for elite kids at these schools to not choose Tennessee. All of greater Nashville really is becoming a nice little recruiting hotbed compared to what it looked like 20 years ago. I just hate seeing other D1 power 5s coming in and eating at our proverbial buffet table we have in middle TN moving forward.

That is the end of my minor rant grasping at straws about the need to better protect our elite middle TN prospects. Other than that I could not be happier with the overall effort of this staff so far. I'll take the #1 LB in Florida and Virginia over the #1 LB in Brentwood all day everyday. Just think in the long run we need to laser in on forging better recruiting relationships with some of the powerhouse public football schools, specifically powerhouse programs around Nashville like Ravenwood.

Last edited: May 25, 2020