What are you playing during Coronapocalypse?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Indy, Mar 17, 2020.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

2/4? 5 was never released in us, though there is an English rom

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

They still easily hold up with SNES graphics. Part of the problem with the series might have been being able to lean on awesome effects. FF7 was the first game with more advanced graphics and it seems like after that the plot took a turn for the worse.

You guys should download the ZSNES emulator and then some ROMs. You can be playing these games in five minutes. They also allow you to speed up gameplay so if you want to sort of cheat level up, you can do a whole bunch of battles real fast.

I’ve played I think all of them from 4-15. I’ve beaten them all once, I think. Then I also have beaten whatever was II and III on SNES a bunch of times and 7 a bunch of times. Those are by far the best. Seems like 8 and 9 were decent. If I had a functional PlayStation I’d consider those.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Whichever one had Cecil and Kain. I also played the ROM with Bott.

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I sometimes wonder how many hours of my life I've spent watching the animation for the knights of the round summon materia, after all the times I've played through that game.

5. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

8 was pretty good until the end. Let's go to the future to keep someone from going to the past and [uck fay]ing things up. Also wasn't a big fan of the draw system.

9 was really good until you discover Zidane is an alien. Vivi is one of my favorite characters of all time.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

2/4. you may have not played 5. wasn't released in English but somebody ported a rom to english.

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Yeah I played that one, too. Wasn’t great.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Certainly not as great as 2/4 or 3/6.

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Best FF villain?

Best FF non villain character? I don’t want to say protagonist, as other party members are often more likable than the protagonist.

Best FF mini game?

10. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Play 3.

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

3 three or 3 six?

12. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Sephiroth is badass. Kefka is just deranged. I like 'em both.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Indy likes this.
  14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

**FF7 Remake Minor Spoiler Alert**

Not a fan of stupid missions like “find this girl’s 3 cats around town.” Why are you doing multiple games if you’re still including missions like that?

Thoroughly enjoyed the motorcycle fight. That was a fun, unique part of the game.

Last edited: May 3, 2020
  15. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

US3 so 6. Just don't play that steam port.

16. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Broke down and got Xbox Live Gold Ultimate or whatever it's called with all the games you can download and play. I'm not super impressed with the lineup. Kids have been playing Terreria and Minecraft a lot with it. I'm just not impressed with those games for some reason.

Not a game, but I've decided to make use of my DC Universe subscription and read all of the big DC Crises starting with all of the appearances of The Monitor prior to Crisis on Infinite Earths. I'm skipping the annual JLA/JSA Crisis teamups of the 60s and 70s since I've read them in the last few years and, well, a lot of them just really suck. I plan to hit all of the big events from then to current. It's been pretty fun so far.

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Minecraft can actually be a lot of fun if you can get some people involved and interested in building something collectively. We had an enormous realm at one point that had so much crazy shit in it.

18. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

19. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I have been logging in to EVE online for 52 days, and have yet to play it.

20. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Actually played a few hours with the kids a couple weeks ago. I had more fun than I thought I would.