COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Gub'mint wants their money, so I am essential, even though I worked from home for about a month.

2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

3. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I've been essential for over 20 years, I am counting the days where I can sit at home and fan my nonessential balls all day.

4. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

My church (a step or two below mega-church) just announced they aren't meeting in person til at least the end of Phase 3. Think they have the technology capabilities to survive this, but the reaction will be interesting. I'm pretty relieved, tbh.

5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

We probably had 55 in our first service and double that in our 2nd

6. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

We had 30-35, but it was only a dry run with just the praise team, deacons, and AV/webcast folks with families in attendance. Next week we go to two services to accommodate the current government mandated spacing.

7. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Hope it goes well for y'all. I definitely think it can be pulled off with a smaller congregation.

8. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

10. Unimane

And counting.

Weird part is the article is from a month ago and mocked the idea of 100,00 to 250,000 dead as if the virus would just suddenly stop.

11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

And quotes those two knuckleheads from Bakersfield.

12. Ssmiff

i believe those 2 guys' estimates of death rate ended up being pretty accurate, from latest numbers

13. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

It’s not over yet numbnuts.

14. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I believe their mortality rate estimate was 0.024% (1200 deaths out of 5MM infections). That’ll end up being a factor of 10 too low.

15. Unimane

Yesterday was the first day in about two months another country had a higher death toll than the United States. Obviously, getting an accurate count immediately is difficult and so it's to be taken with a grain of salt, but Brazil may be the new epicenter of the pandemic provided we don't get a massive second wave.

We also hit 100,00 deaths tomorrow.

16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Brazil is going to be a cluster[uck fay] with their slums. I pray it isn't as bad as I think it is going to be there.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Brazil's president said it was all overhyped for months.

18. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Brazil is going to be an absolute disaster.

Honestly surprised India hasn't been more of one.

19. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

She hasn't gained any clarity over time. I looked at her history, and she doubled down.

Laments the ever changing guidance for a novel pandemic, ya know, as if something novel and microscopic can be immediately well understood.

And then something like it mostly affects old people, so closing schools was wrong.

As if there isn't a difference between affection and infection. Kids can still carry and pass along. Ya know. To those older teachers.

20. Ssmiff

so do you shut it all down or try and protect those at higher risk?
    And now i read its not easy to pass across surfaces whereas just weeks ago they were saying CV could exist on surfaces for 14 days. Which is it? 5 months later and still bad info

I was berated pretty well for talking about "guesses" but when you look back at Fauci from the onset and others, "guessing" was an accurate decription and many people supposedly in the know have been wrong or thrown so much bs st the wall people assume they are right due to title. Fauci is a [uck fay]ing idiot