What are you playing during Coronapocalypse?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Indy, Mar 17, 2020.

1. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Is that like Ashley Madison?

2. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Bot mining?

3. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

No, I started to play, but then ended up playing COD:MW and DCS. But they have a daily reward, so I log in every day, claim the
    reward, give it to my character and log out.

I have yet to actually play.

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Eve is a game that I have had zero desire to play.

5. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I've always been interested in it, but just have never taken the plunge.

There is kind of a running joke:

"What do you tell your boss if he sees you playing a game on your laptop during work?"

All other games: ...

EVE player: I'm doing my taxes.

6. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Just picked up Dirt Rally 2.0 on sale on Steam if that interests anyone. The base game is 12.00 but I opted for the GOTY edition for 24.00 which comes with more goodies.

7. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Been playing The Show 20. This is the first time I've really put any significant time on one of these games in a few years because I got burnt out on it. The time away did me good because I'm really enjoying it now.

8. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I’ve figured out NBA 2k20. Put Ja Morant, Jaren Jackson, and all the Vols on the Knicks and I’m obliterating all comers

9. JohnnyQuickkick

Also I think every nba team has some dude who played for Kentucky that I don’t remember

10. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

90% of the Suns roster is from Kentucky.

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

FF7 Remake = too much fluff so far.

I’m a big fan of the idea of extending the details of the story of everything that happens in Midgar. I love the extra time getting to know Biggs, Wedge, and Jessie, and the additional details around Shinra are a great addition to the storyline.

But there’s just not enough that actually happens in Midgar to justify this game only covering that piece of the story. That became abundantly clear with all of the annoying, redundant side missions. Go to this spot, kill this monster, return to the person who gave you the mission. Find 3 cats, find 5 children, etc. These missions are just fluff, and if you’re going to take a single game and stretch out the remake into 2 or 3 separate games, you can’t fill them with this much fluff.

I’m having enough fun to keep playing, but I do wonder why they wouldn’t have chosen a different cut off for where to split between the games. I can think of a number of points in the story where the cut would make sense, and it would have allowed them to sensibly make 2 separate games without wasting everyone’s time with stupid missions where you walk around looking for cats.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

You mean like disks 1, 2, and 3 on the original PC version back in the late 90's? I could see cutting 1 a littler earlier and putting the Aeris events in the middle of 2, but having an entire game based on early Midgar does make you wonder how they are going to treat the rest of the story.

13. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Leaving Midgar is the cleanest breaking point until Junon. I've enjoyed the game, but I had to accept that FF7 Remake isn't FF7. Its heavily inspired by it, but its a different game.

IP likes this.
  14. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

With all the additional character development, losing Arieth is going to be that much more painful.

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Yeah, that’ll be really tough 5 years from now.

16. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Downloaded Age of Empires II last Saturday evening and proceeded to play non-stop right on through until light was coming in Sunday morning, slept a couple hours, and wrecked the church's webcast due to a boneheaded decision to try to fix something that really didn't need fixed.

JudgmentVol likes this.
  17. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Played some Caesar 3 today. Found a widescreen executable for it on the new fangled internet thing.

18. JohnnyQuickkick

I looked to see if RDR2 was on sale but it was still $60 so whatever

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Loved the AoE games growing up.

20. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Black Forest, archers only