2021 Recruiting Thread

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by govols182, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

reggie grimes was 6'4 250, played DE and had 25 total tackles his sr year while playing most of the games for less than 2 tackles per game. Anybody who saw him play in person came to the same conclusion as he was pushed back all year by smaller OTs and seldom wreaked havoc. Now he may turn into something, but he flat out was given a ranking based off how he looked in shorts and evaluators admitted as much. Nothing was based off on field plays and production.
    What id like to see is how many rwood and brentwood kids will have played or play D1 in last year or 2 and in next 2 years and make an impact. Over a 4-5 years span, there may be 2 ravenwood kids to play sec level D1 and make some plays. Colson should.
    Im cool with getting whoever, but Colson is really the only rwood miss imo and his family had this in the bag, literally, for awhile and moving back north.

Last edited: May 25, 2020
  2. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I don't know the specifics, but I agree more Middle Tennessee influence is needed in specific areas.

3. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Honestly if we are pulling top 2 and 3 kids from AL, FL, GA, NC,MD, etc. I really don't care if we miss out on some of our top talent. Not saying we shouldn't try or want kids to stay home but when your pulling kids like Terrence Lewis and Dylan Brooks, makes the sting of losing in state kids not hurt as much. Just have to keep doing it year in and out though.

Memtownvol, NorrisAlan and warhammer like this.
  4. Memtownvol

Memtownvol Member

Exactly! As long as we get the D. Barnett's and E. Gray's out of the state I'm all good with missing on a few instate kids.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Tennessee, Alabama and Clemson told Grimes thanks but no thanks.

6. Ssmiff

His film is some of the worst you will see for a highly rated player. And for Barton Simmons to admit his rating had nothing to do with what he did on the field as #1 player in the state is silly.

7. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Obviously you want to keep those relationships strong, or else you have nothing to fall back on if you start missing out on the regional or national recruits. But yeah, if you’re hitting out of state, you certainly don’t have to bat 1.000 in-state.

8. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

While silly, it is a completely accurate statement. At least he was being honest.

warhammer and justingroves like this.
  9. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Yep, and people still pay for subscriptions.

10. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Well...

11. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

12. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

13. Ssmiff

14. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Yeah we just need to operate under the assumption that like 50% of this current class won't be in it. That's just how April/May commitments go sometimes.

15. The Big O

The Big O Contributor

Well......

16. Ssmiff

i'd be fine if Twitter was somehow banned forever

Butthole likes this.
  17. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

You never know what they might be talking about. Could be a friend of his, something.

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Crap. Now I’m going to have to make myself puke up that poison.

19. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

the thing to do would be to get on twitter and tweet at these guys. i think that's what i would do

20. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I say we take a road trip and visit them.