COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

The damage of a presented untruth is limitless.

2. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

In the context of the covid discussion, what exactly are you arguing here?

3. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Well ok.

IP and A-Smith like this.
  4. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Those projections were based on the I formation (really lack of) that we had at the time. I'm 100% comfortable with where we started. The numbers weren't hyped for nefarious purposes it was explicitly caveated as this is how bad it could be based on early numbers. You said Faucci was all over the place, please elaborate.

5. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

It wasn't non transparent before Joe.

6. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Digging the autocorrect here.

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Glad I wasn't the only one who caught it.

8. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

If science would just use the wing t we would have eradicated the virus by now.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I was just putting it all in context as to where 14 to 17 days fits in.

Tenacious D likes this.
  10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Blasphemy.

Air raid.

11. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

One of several articles. Some national people have questioned him as well.
    If someone has a title, it doesnt mean they are always right and questioning him shouldnt be an issue. Hes said a lot over the last few months and in both directions from 2 million deaths to 60k and anywhere in between. From teens bei g carriers to unproven. Part of it is the bad information he has been fed but id rather hear "im not sure" if he really doesnt know.
    https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/13/cor...ifies-comments-that-sparked-firing-fears.html

12. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I can’t say it more clearly.

Perhaps there is a linguist that can make sense of my gibberish.

13. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I agree that shining light on it and encouraging fair and open discourse are positive.

The biggest challenge I see right now is that most people don't seem to want to have the conversation. The memes fly around facebook or retweets on twitter as soon as something that confirms bias is spotted. And when engaged, the response is usually "you can't trust them" or "I don't think you can believe any of them" from the folks on facebook or "you're a bot" on twitter. I'm not sure where you go with that.

I've always encouraged engaging and discussing issues online - much to the chagrin of folks that just want to joke around on sites like this. And I'm perceived as too serious. But really I'm not taking them crazy seriously - I'm just usually looking to discuss them.

And I also see how people get about these things because there isn't a single positive thing you could have told me about Trump and Russia that I would have believed in 2017 or 2018. I suppose that is how folks are approaching my attempts to talk about CV.

Tenacious D likes this.
  14. IP

IP Super Moderator

You know this thing isn't over, right? You've been acting like it is the last day of the outbreak every single day.

15. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Yes i know its not over. And no i havent acted like its the last [uck fay]ing day of the outbreak every single day, dramaqueeen. Good gracious your type bug the shit out of me, Karen

16. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

People deserve to hear the truth.

People who know the truth have an obligation - a duty - to speak and never withdraw from it.

I can’t help who wants to hear it, or what they take from or do with it. I’m not going to agree with any suggestion that society must always be governed by the lowest common denominator.

I don’t know lots of shit. I know barely more shit than I did 30 years ago. But what little I know, I learned form someone who taught me, and who largely didn’t give a shit whether I liked, or even accepted it, or not.

Science is failing not in knowing enough, but in effectively communicating that which is known and proven - but the end result is the same.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

You don't know what a Karen is, I guess.

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

No.

IP likes this.
  19. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

What is the truth?

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Bama sucks.