COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ssmiff, if the expectation is that this solves the problem, the simple answer is that it does not. That's what Fauci has said. Folks wanted it studied, it is being studied. So far, it hasn't given strong results.

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

the problem won't be solved, but managed and maybe prevented for some.
    The expectation is truth. HCQ either works for some or doesn't. Doctors all around say it does. Fauci says it doesn't. Again, i'm rolling with the drs, which goes back to my point about Fauci a day or two ago. He's wrong too often for me to go with what he says. If me or my family member gets it, I'll ask for the cocktail and/or the other viral drug and expect 95% of the posters here would do the same. If that's the case, many others don't trust his judgement either or they would skip the cocktail

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Fauci is not just proclaiming this. "Doctors all around" is hyperbolic. You're vilifying this guy.

I'll definitely follow medical advice, whatever that would be.

4. Ssmiff

It either works for some people or doesn't. Fauci says it doesn't. I may be wrong, but believe he's wrong. We'll find out who was right. Doctors talk to each other and get advice from each other daily and i'm gonna go with them. 1000's in the US have and do prescribe it and that was as of the end of April. Last I read, near 70% would prescribe it for themselves, family members and patients. I assume Fauci wouldn't, which would suck to be his patient imo.

5. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I was always given doxycycline for malaria prevention.

6. TBSVOL

TBSVOL Member

Ssmiff - you won't need your paper bag this week
    Progress continues to improve
    Progress for Davidson and Shelby still better than state average in spite of seeing the highest daily new case rates
    WORST Performer of the Week Award: Hamilton County (Top 5 Active, Bottom 5 Progress)
    BOTTOM 5: Lake and Wayne mostly DoC related, Rhea County migrant farm hands, Putnam increased testing and Hamilton just sucks
    % Death Rate Projection slightly Decreased this week
    upload_2020-5-27_15-1-56.png

Attached Files:

Tenacious D likes this.
  7. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

8. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I got chloroquine the one time I needed it

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

They do that if you also suffer from acne.

10. Ssmiff

11. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Saw that the average age of the deceased in Italy was 80. It's good news for a majority of the country below that age and without relevant pre-existing conditions. Unfortunately, I think one of the best ways to protect the vulnerable is to continue distancing and wearing masks. It's a lot easier to protect people when the spread is at a low level. But it could have been way worse.

12. Ssmiff

the conspiracy theorist in me still has questions about how a lab created virus just so happens to mainly kill those who cost govt $ to keep alive daily. Not saying its true. Just saying. I don't doubt a virus could be created in a lab with geniuses and computers to specifically target a population segment.

13. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I dig it.
    upload_2020-5-28_11-19-5.gif

14. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Heard Rogan talking about average age of death for covid is like 83.

That’s crazy

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

16. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

17. fl0at_

Was probably just too important to risk an arrhythmia. Give the peons the other stuff.

18. fl0at_

19. Ssmiff

20. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

utvol0427, Ssmiff, Volst53 and 2 others like this.