The Death of Ahmaud Arbery

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, May 5, 2020.

1. peelwonder

peelwonder Member

Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
  2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

What was being done that wasn't peaceful?

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

You figured out my agenda? You solved the mystery of what IP thinks? Like solving the door knob puzzle. I flat post what I think.

Yes, I can post clip and videos to support my position. You can't?

4. peelwonder

peelwonder Member

I’m not going to argue with you as for the most part you’re a sane person on here and you’re probably right.

I’m so sick and tired of all the spin in this world, everything is optics and very little bi-partisanship. It’s really quite tiring.

Of course I’m cranky and tired, 3 months of 60 Hour work weeks had taken its toll. Sorry

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

No apology necessary. I do feel strongly about this.

6. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

7. Butthole

Butthole Chieftain

Another Democrat controlled city.

8. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Considering some of the Republican responses, I doubt they would have a more genteel police force uber their charge, so to speak. The police chief in Minneapolis was front and center at a Trump rally. So, I think this is beyond political parties, at this point, and the greater questions of overall police policies and the militarization of the police, among other issues, are at play here.

justingroves likes this.
  9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Meanwhile more police killed in the last few days by looters and criminals "protesting". Yet barely a blip even for the black cops. Unreal

10. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

The thing is I don't need anyone to tell me what's happening. I can see it with my eyes. This isn't complicated. Something has to change with the police in this country.

gcbvol and justingroves like this.
  11. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

When you want to hold the citizens you protect to a higher standard than you are willing to hold yourself, we have a problem.

gcbvol and IP like this.
  12. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

As long as videos like this keep showing up, the police will get little sympathy. Stopped for suspected smoking; arrested for assaulting a police officer and resisting arrest.

Unfortunately those injured and killed we be lumped in with jackasses like this officer. Want sympathy then stop this shit.

SetVol13 likes this.
  13. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Possibly.
    But I dont know that its probable by any means either. Bidens best chance at winning was chaos between Covid and what we are seeing now it's there.

I'm curious what major changes we see in cities like those without a police force. After reading through some of the links IP posted about how it could be done, the biggest question is, would it be better or worse. And what makes it that way.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

I know of retired Capt. David Dorn in St. Louis being killed by looters while defending his shop. If you have evidence that they were protesting earlier it may help in IDing them, so you should share that with investigators. If you don't, you're making assumptions that these looters were also protesters-- based on what?

David Patrick Underwood, a federal law enforcement officer working security for a federal courthouse in Oakland, was killed during a protest when someone fired shots from a vehicle. It is unclear if the shooting was related to the protests, no one has been arrested and no motive has been determined.

These are the two LEO's killed during this unrest that I know of. In each instance, it was not protesters on the front line. And you said "even for black cops," so I assume there are more cases I am not aware of since both of these victims were black. I am trying to track this stuff, so point me in a direction. There is a real effort to paint these protests as bloodbaths against cops when they are all recorded and one can plainly see that they are not.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

The 2 officers who shoved the 75 yr old man to the ground were arrested. 50 some of their colleagues transferred out of the unit in protest. Here are their colleagues applauding as the officers leave the courthouse after their arrest.

These people are not enforcing the law, they are administering their own private justice.

SetVol13, gcbvol and NorrisAlan like this.
  17. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

This is what happens when there exists a special class of citizen.

SetVol13, gcbvol and Volst53 like this.
  18. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Also what happens with failed training too.

I'm sure they're taught to not break formation and to keep moving.

19. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

He should have been arrested for saying the word ‘brah’. How [uck fay]ing annoying.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
  20. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I liked when he told the female officer - I appreciate your attempt to empathize; but you just don't get it...

OneForVol likes this.