Netflix Streaming Recommendations/TV Talk

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Aug 31, 2011.

1. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Never used Hulu Live, but their UI for their regular streaming is dog shit too.

2. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Yes, I did it

Beechervol likes this.
  3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I have Hulu and it isn't too bad. And you get to tell Comcast to [uck fay] off

kmf600 and Beechervol like this.
  4. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I've got YouTubeTV and its pretty decent.

justingroves and Volst53 like this.
  5. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Same here. I’ve heard people complaining about lagging or poor picture quality, but I haven’t experienced that.

Volst53 likes this.
  6. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

I have Hulu live, too. Agree on the crappy interface, but better situation overall. Also trying the TiVo Stream and like it so much more than Fire.

Beechervol likes this.
  7. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

I got DTV have had it for years.
    Time for a change.

In the market for a new tv as well.

8. CitrusCo.Vol

CitrusCo.Vol Member

I have the same and will agree.

9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Over the years I’ve had sling, psvue and now Hulu live. I never understood why none of them used a UI similar to what every cable provider used

NorrisAlan likes this.
  10. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I can't wait for someone to figure out how to integrate all the channels and shows I watch into one single box with one single interface and charge me a flat fee. Whoever figures that out will be rich and will probably spawn a whole industry.

11. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Watching Star Trek Discovery. It looks great, but the first season's writing. Sheesh

12. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Uncut Gems is easily the worst Sandler movie I ever watched. What a piece of shit hatchet job. Only Sandler movie I’ve turned off before it was over, and given his resume, that’s saying something.

El Camino was decent. I was happy with the way it ended for Jesse.

Just finished season 1 of Better Call Saul, and I think I might like it even more that Breaking Bad. But I’m also kinda biased toward Odenkirk.

There’s a Garth Brooks doc on Netflix, previously aired last year on some cable channel I don’t watch, that I just watched Part 1 of. It’s also very good.

13. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I just couldn't past the first half of the first season. Space Orcs posing as Klingons really pissed me off.

Also, going down the Dune road with the Spice...er, the spores and not sticking to Star Trek was stupid.

14. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I was finally able to get into Mad Men. Took me a good part of the first season. And dude Draper is one messed up dude. Unfortunately, couldn't finish the series before Netflix ripped the cord.

15. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

The Klingon makeup, the technology being way ahead of TOS (or any series for that matter), the plot holes, all are bad. I'll still give it this. The second half of the first season has been a lot better. It's not Star Trek, but it's more entertaining to watch.

16. Butthole

Butthole Chieftain

BCS gets even better as the series goes on.

17. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Of that, I have no doubt.

18. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Always liked it. Then this year went to watch the first few episodes to catch up and looked like they were trying to charge me $3 an episode. Cable bill is already nuts.

19. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

This was correct, btw.

20. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Had HULU for a week now.

So far so good.

Picture quality seems a tad better than DTV.

Added Netfilx to the list as well.