Pruitt doesn't lie

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Jun 5, 2020.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

“Ahmaud Arbery, Breonna Taylor, George Floyd. That’s three,” Pruitt told The Athletic. “That’s just three that I know of that are senseless murders that have happened in our society."

“I want to talk about it"

“The big picture is racism in America,” Pruitt said. “Let’s call it like it is. This is something our kids want to do peacefully. We want to use our platform to advocate."

All Pruitt quotes from an excellent article on the Athletic

Pruitt was serious

gcbvol, SetVol13 and Tar Volon like this.
  2. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Those aren't direct quotes, there's no "aights?" or "okays?". But in all seriousness, CP is a straight shooter and a man of his word. That's what I think I like about him most.

justingroves likes this.
  3. Butthole

Butthole Chieftain

feelings over facts...

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

No, it is a reality for members of the black community. You might reflect on whether your rejection of that reality has any emotions associated with it. Do you feel like your own accomplishments and place in this world is undermined if another group maybe has had to deal with more impediments than you? Or that it makes the challenges you deal with lesser?

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Did you listen to a word Calbert said?

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

The BS "it isn't real" statistics keep getting smaller and smaller by the day. Now only 9 killed. Guess someone came back to life since the Cucker Tarlson phony "only 10" stat.

7. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I think we can tell what kind of person we're dealing with here as his teams are Man. United, the Yankees and Cowboys.

8. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

There really is a correlation between those sorts of sports “fans” and being complete and total morons. I’ve never encountered one person who has a list of favorite teams like that who isn’t an idiot. It also comes across as some sort of weird insecurity thing to me.

Volokie likes this.
  9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Saw a guy once with a NY Yankee decal, Patriot logo, KY basketball and Bama A decal on his truck. I'm not kidding.

10. Butthole

Butthole Chieftain

Yeah. His message is good. All the speeches shown in the clip are good.

I have no tolerance for what BLM stands for. They're not about equality.

The team didn't rally for White, Latino, or Asian victims of police brutality so it makes it hard to empathize with them. Until we stop putting people into groups based on race, class, etc we'll never have equality.

The media attention and rallies around the country because of George Floyd's murder shows this isn't about equality.

I'm not black so I can't speak on their life experience in this country. I don't know what it's like. There are people with agendas which go against blind justice. They can't associate with groups like BLM if they want to bring people to their goal for true equality.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

What is your source of information about BLM? They regularly call out incidents with white and latino victims.

12. Butthole

Butthole Chieftain

BLM want reparations and community control of police. Alicia Garza is a Marxist. These are non-starters when our goal is and has been blind justice. We can't have these types of groups controlling the conversation.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

In a free speech society, you don't decide who controls the conversation.

14. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

Perhaps reform recommendations after honest, respectful discussions absent of emotional rants. Give and take. A lot of what I’ve been hearing seem to be extreme measures. Usually, truth and real progress are found in the middle ground. Eh, common ground a good place to start.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Maybe we should not let police break the law, and make sure everybody enjoys the same status and treatment. Given the situation and what the experiences have been, "emotional rants" seem totally within the norm of behavior. There's plenty of honest and respectful discussions occurring too, that just doesn't get the publicity. Hell, I get the impression that some people think there are thousands of people rioting out there. That just isn't remotely the case.

16. Butthole

Butthole Chieftain

It's like we have an unfree press.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

in what sense? what perspective are you looking for that you can't find?

18. chef65

chef65 Contributor

I don't deny the reality of racial prejudice. It's silly given that we're all primates, that we share a kinship with all life, but unfortunately we assign inordinate value to a minor component of genetics in the form of skin color.

I still hold, however, that the only movement with a chance of success is one that rests on economic inequalities, one that pits the ultra elite vs the common man, and until we can unite on those terms and resist the sirens of tribalism, we will continue to be the fodder of the establishment.

19. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

They’re drawing attention to issues that need attention. They’re getting proposals on the table. If their proposals are bad, and some of them are, I’m still not mad at them for getting the issue and a proposal on the table.

Also reparations are a demand of justice (as far as I know, I have one firm lefty opinion, and this is it)