Tennessee and social media

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, May 20, 2020.

1. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Dooley started out with great assistants, and they all got sick of working for him. Jones didn’t want to get shown up and thus didn’t even try.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

3. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

4. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Thanks for clarifying as so far money donated to BLM just funnels over to the DNC. Looks to be a bit of a scam.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

It doesn't and isn't. That's a right wing talking point with no supporting facts. Black people lives do matter.

Unimane likes this.
  6. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

Seeing what we know now about social media, how people use it and the way it’s changed people if we could get rid of it, would you?

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yes, with no problem

Butthole, SetVol13, kmf600 and 4 others like this.
  8. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I would give Tom Brokaw and Tim Russert the gift of immortality, give them 30 minutes a night to report the news, and burn the rest of the media (social or otherwise) to the ground if I could. Heck, I think we’d be better off w/o the whole internet.

9. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Yes and did so several years ago. Closest thing I have to social media is a linkedin page and Reddit.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

I've deleted facebook, Instagram, and all that. I only kept my onlyfans account, as it is my principle source of income.

SetVol13 and kmf600 like this.
  11. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

The bald redhead fetish is a lucrative niche.

12. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

I think it has has had a negative effect among society, in itself it’s not bad, but people who communicate ill will found they now have a voice to spread the poison, a new tool. We humans usually ruin anything we come into contact with because we’re selfish and critical of others, and instinctively humans tend to be destructive from one degree to another.At least the potential is there to give voice to trouble makers.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2020
  13. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

I would not. For me, the good out weighs the bad. I personally don't use facebook all that much, but there are business pages that I find extremely useful and "friends" that share nonsense get unfollowed so it doesn't show in my timeline. Also, I consider forums part of social media so I definitely want to keep those as well. That's my take anyways.

14. cpninja

cpninja Member

IMO social media is a net gain. People can and will use it to be abusive and destructive but it's democratized society in a huge way. Even beyond politics, the ability to connect with other people is huge especially if you're part of a group that doesnt have much/any presence around you(think LGBT folks, immigrants, people with disabilities, people who share your religion, etc). The benefit of being able to connect with people who have shared experiences is huge and social media has made it easier than any time in human history, even if we have to deal with trolls and jackasses to do so

SetVol13 and Tar Volon like this.
  15. IP

IP Super Moderator

You know nothing of my work.

16. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

I think we got out of the coach thing at the right time.

17. CardinalVol

C'mon man..............

18. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I dont understand Card?

19. CardinalVol

Tennessee University?

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

He'll learn, he's committing to the coaches and he's young. Cut him some slack!