MLB

Discussion in 'Sports' started by zero-sum, Aug 13, 2015.

1. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Unfortunately we have a lot of UGA and Bama fans in our fanbase.

2. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

The average Braves fan is about the same as the average UT Football fan. Annoying as shit and knows nothing about the sport. I hate both fan bases equally, though I'm a part of each.

3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

ok this is a little more honest than my explanation

4. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

They are the absolute worst in baseball.

TBSVOL likes this.
  5. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

This is probably one of my top 5 moments in baseball.

TBSVOL and utvol0427 like this.
  6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I've determined that the reason UT fans were so supportive of out division titles in the 2000s is because so many of them were Braves fans and were conditioned that a division title was all you could hope for.

utvol0427 likes this.
  7. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

They really do mirror each other. In the 90s, they both won a ton of games but only managed one championship. Both were mediocre to bad for the better part of the next 20 years. Both currently seem to be trending up but I'm just waiting on that to blow up spectacularly for both.

8. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I appreciate the advent of the strike zone graphic more because they will be all over the home plate umpire until the pitch pops up on the graphic and then they just go silent

CardinalVol and A-Smith like this.
  9. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Fun fact about Braves baseball: The Braves have never won a game I've attended and I've been to enough that the likelihood of that happening has to be pretty small. Some part of me isn't upset when they lose now when I'm at a game because I kinda don't want to break the streak.

Tennessee has also never won a sporting event in the state of Georgia when I attend.

10. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

That’s pretty weird.

They won the first 9 games I attended. Two of those in St Louis. 5 were 88-90 when they were cellar dwellers. Since then they have won about 3/4 when I’m there. John Smoltz would be the all time strikeout king if I had had season tickets as a kid.

11. JohnnyQuickkick

I’ve been to so many Cardinals games I couldn’t even begin to guess. Would say probably more wins than losses, but the majority of games I’ve been to are in the 88-98 era which was mostly mediocre

12. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

It is kind of hard to tell how far the ball is going if you are either behind home plate or in the OF stands in the exact direction the ball is hit. At least for me. But I was always a terrible outfielder though.

I've been to games in other places where fans cheered for a fly ball. So much easier if you are good with the sound and watch the outfielder. Rangers, Cardinals, Reds fans all did it. It wasn't a problem in Miami...for some reason.

That said, I will agree that Braves fans, at least the ones at the game, are just awful. You look around and at least half are not really even watching. It's more of a social event.

13. JohnnyQuickkick

14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

This man in the replies has the Truth, folks. WAKE UP!

A-Smith and utvol0427 like this.
  15. CardinalVol

Happy Bobby Bonilla Day everybody!!!!!!!!!!!

16. NorrisAlan

How many more do we have?

17. CardinalVol

18. NorrisAlan

[​IMG]

utvol0427 likes this.
  19. JohnnyQuickkick

The Orioles are paying Chris Davis until 2037 as well.

justingroves likes this.
  20. CardinalVol