College Football 2020

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by kptvol, Apr 26, 2020.

1. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

2. BigOrangeBeech

Edit: sounds like several other schools are already reporting multiple cases. If this is the case, definitely not going to be a good outlook for fans in the stands or other outcomes on the season.

3. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

4. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Have to imagine this is going to be pretty common throughout the year if players are being tested often. Lots of asymptomatic carriers. If guys are then forced to quarantine it’s going to have a big impact.

5. BigOrangeBeech

Can't see how it doesn't have a massive impact. If those guys walked in to camp with it, then does not everyone that was exposed have to quarantine? Doubt there will be a season if thats how it ends up working.

6. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

They can quarantine by practicing all day every day for 2 weeks and not seeing anyone else. Then they're immune. We should be infecting our guys.

7. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

It can be like the Chicken Pox of old. "Hey your kid got the 'rona? He does? Alright, neighborhood block party at your house."

justingroves likes this.
  8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Perfect post.

10. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Groves shut it down, you win for today.

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

12. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

So if it became clear that mass vaccination was available by Dec/Jan, would it make financial sense to push to the Spring and get fans in the stadium?

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Is it weird that I am willing to pay UTAD for the 1 game I usually go to with 1 to 3 others every year, with no expectation of attending? Like, if they say we just can't have more than 35k in the stadium but we kinda need that 100k attendance money, and put out the basket, I will throw it in and watch from home with no expectations.

14. CardinalVol

You would have to assume large amounts of people are going to get it off the bat. I am one of those who will happily wait until we get some info on the side affects of it.

Volst53 likes this.
  15. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Fair point. I do think mass vaccination of nursing homes, healthcare workers, etc takes a lot of the stress away, though.

16. CardinalVol

I agree.

17. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Boomer Esaison comes out and says what some have been thinking as he mentions bama, clemson and lsu trying to get covid thru their teams now.
    Gutsy move but may prove to be a smart one when none of them get sick, while we will have 25 test positive the week of georgia and JG will be the only remaining starter left

18. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

If that is true, they are playing with [uck fay]ing fire.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

We have a fifth year senior with a long history of blood clots in the lungs. We can't take that risk with him.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

And Trey Smith, who's a 4th year senior

Tar Volon, IP and CardinalVol like this.