COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Say what now?

2. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Safe to have Neyland full in the fall per Dean.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Do what?

4. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Geez. How old are you?

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Who are the people saying we're all gonna die? I have not seen that anywhere in months.

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

If there is a lot of background noise it muffles everything from someone that is more than day 6 feet away. It sucks.

7. TBSVOL

TBSVOL Member

a different look - choose your favorite county
    upload_2020-7-1_16-12-37.png

8. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

I said beginning of spike and the 16th (not the 15th). I said it was 15 days ago.

If you’re looking at a spike for the country that began on the 16th, why wouldn’t you also look at deaths for the country?

10. fl0at_

Looking at a country of 300 million that is in various stages of infective rate is STU-PID.

What SPECIFIC, county, city, zipcode, are you seeing spiking? Because that is where you want to look to determine if deaths are increase, not an entire country that will average out a slow increase.

11. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

You can see the spike on the chart for the country. Media is citing the new national case numbers when bemoaning the spike.

13. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I just got off the phone with my 86 year old mom. Shes a hugger and mentioned someone should write about people not being touched for a few months. She struggles a little at times now.
    Feel bad for lonely people but staying away from her right now is our only choice. Id never forgive myself if i or one of the kids gave it to her and i dont trusts the tests or readers of them.

14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Do you trust anything in this life?

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

look, I already called my shot. feel free to call yours. I'm expecting the worst outcomes to ramp up to over 1000 this month, given the lag. people who succumb tend to do so 2 to 6 weeks after. already deaths HAVE increased relative to a couple of weeks ago, though it remains to see if this is just a small pulse or the beginning of a trend

16. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Knox County requiring masks indoors starting 12:01 am July 3rd.

17. fl0at_

I would not expect, statistically, to see an increase in deaths throughout the COUNTRY. I would expect to see an increase in specific areas. In other words, there is no way I can provide any form of meaningful analysis on the country. But I'll be happy to look at a specific area. Like Houston. Or the state of Florida. Or Shelby County. Or LA. But I need you to tell me where to look. But "the country" is a big ass place. And a high population area with decreasing cases (like New York) will average out a low population area with an increasing number of cases. Like.. Erie, PA.

I would expect in the next two weeks to see the country move upwards, though.

18. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Yes. But not covid tests right now.

19. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

20. fl0at_

At least one of them has to be the positive one that purposely attends the party. So, at the very least, that is irresponsible.