COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Mask usage here is the highest I've ever seen it. 80+% everywhere including the home improvement stores. Everyone not wearing a mask is either white or latino.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Food City was probably 60%, which is easily the highest it's been.

Unofficial tally in my head for home Depot was 10 of 43 people I saw had a mask on.

3. CardinalVol

Mostly tired of them, but this is funny

4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

5. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

We're still in the lag period nation wide. Shelby county hospitalizations are highest they've been, I believe, around 280ish.

I hope deaths stay down. I worry they won't. If treatment is working, they should stay down. And hopefully hospitalizations are just more precaution than necessity.

6. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Miami-Dade county just delivered a covid care package to my house because I'm in a high risk zip code

7. fl0at_

What'd ya get?

Ssmiff likes this.
  8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Hydrochloroquine

9. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

kmf- that's not how you spell Jim Beam.

kmf600 likes this.
  10. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Is this right?

Attached Files:

11. fl0at_

Yup.

TennTradition likes this.
  12. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Damn. The death risk for a 100 yr old is 5,000. That seems intense.

13. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

My mother-in-law and father-in-law are both going to go get tested tomorrow. Father-in-law has been in bed with a "severe cold" since Friday, but temp has stayed below 100. Mother-in-law is having stomach issues and a consistent cough.

Good times.

14. fl0at_

COVID is actually more beneficial, too. It lowers your risk of fatality.

15. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

A bunch of masks and hand sanitizer. Got a brochure on how to wash my hands too.

16. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

I now know several people that have it right now. One of them is in her mid 30s and her and both of her children have it. She was pretty sick but is powering through it. Almost out of quarantine. Another friend is in her mid 50s and her, her husband, her son, daughter-in-law, and grandkids all got it last week on a lake vacation. All seem to be doing mostly ok. Another couple in their 60s were out of state last week and got it and are both doing fair. None have required hospitalization thankfully. I am still in the camp that a lot more people have had this than we know about. At least I'm hoping that is the case.

I know we can't sustain another prolonged shutdown. Me and the wife are both self employed. She runs her own dance studio that she started this year (great timing). She has been unable to have classes at all since March and now it don't look likely her girls will be able to resume in August - heck maybe not until next year. I sell real estate and the market is still hot with buyers right now but reluctant sellers creating a HUGE problem. There will be a big housing bubble pop again in the next couple of years. 15-20 people offering on houses - going for 20-30k over listing price. Unbelievable inflation - 2 bedroom houses in friggin Erwin selling at 140k. Whew........it's going to be a bumpy ride.

17. CardinalVol

My new favorite reason for not wearing a mask -

"I'm too fat and have trouble breathing as is."

Dude is about 33-35 years old.

18. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[​IMG]

justingroves likes this.
  19. IP

IP Super Moderator

20. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Some of those things seem a bit off. Camping is a 2 but going to the beach is a 5?

Golfing is a 3? Are the irons contagious? It seems going to the store would be a lot more risky than playing golf.

justingroves likes this.