COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think it is looking at a typical outing, so in terms of going to the beach it would be more typical to be around other people than not compared to camping. For golf, I am sure they are assuming some level of clubhouse pass-through type stuff. You could make any of these a 1 if you somehow ensure no one else is there, after all.

Besides, it is just an infographic. If you are thinking about it critically but only questioning the order of the greens, it probably did the job it intended to.

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Yeah dont agree with quite a few. Seems govt fed. The virus can stay on surfaces for a long period but gas pumps arent risky? Yeah ok playing golf with one other person is more risky than touching something 200 other people have grabbed in one day. Not

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

We talked about the "viruses on surfaces" thing about a month ago. The studies that were picked up by media on that said "virus material," and did not claim or determine that it was contagious live virus. This is why mail is a "1" by the way. The odds of it being a problem are very low.

Not sure what you mean by "govt fed." I would hope it would be informed by state and national groups.

4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I think some of those answers are more about control than risk IP.
    Protests should be listed as well.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'd say that would be a 9. Not really a routine outing, though.

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I see I live in the 7's.

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

What are they trying to control? I assume you mean some kind of dystopian control and not controlling the spread of the virus.

As for protests, they also don't have voting, attending Congress, or any other governmental running operations on there.

SetVol13 likes this.
  8. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I went to a music store over the weekend and tried out several guitars. If the store was where some of you guys are, I'd call that outing an 11.

No mask wearing dumbass Americans.

On a side note, I felt like an imbecile later on in the keyboard/midi room when I failed to see the sign about wearing gloves until after I had played around a bit.

9. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Yesterday I was a 7, because I ate lunch with my mom at her house for the first time since Feb.

I'm generally a 3, in that I only go to the grocery store.

This week I have a meeting in the office, so I'm probably going to spread it around now.

10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I just bought a Martin GPC 16e

11. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Awesome. Someday I'll own a Martin. If I brought home another 6-string acoustic right now, my wife might suggest I know something on the Clintons.

I picked up a Strat knock off with dual humbucker. I like it.

12. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Do I add up all the activities I do in a day to get my number? Post it on the Facebook so we can all compare

13. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

So a cute story about golfing. At first we couldn't ride together in the same cart, the wife and I. So we were loading our clubs on the same cart, the guy comes up, we know all the kids that work there really well, he says, sorry mr and mrs KMF, you guys can't ride together. I was like, you know I'm going to go home and eat her [ussy pay] when we're finished playing. He said, I understand, but not my rules. My wife slapped the shit out of me, and told me she wouldn't ride in the same cart with me if my life depended on it. Needless to say, I didn't get any when we got home either.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think it was just for personal reference to understand the relative risk of things. It's not a rating. You got a COVID aid kit though, so that's probably like -3 to your score or maybe a "get away with playing slap-ass at the beach free" card.

2Maggitt2Quit, NorrisAlan and kmf600 like this.
  15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Did you correct her golf swing each shot, too? Also tell her what the line to putt was? Women LOVE that.

16. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I don't necessarily work at an amusement park, but feels like it most of the time.

17. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I don't watch her swing. It's better for my health

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Soooo the bubonic plague is back? Wtf?

19. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

It tends to come back periodically like a herpes virus on society. Usually, it hits in the developing countries, an India, rural China, Peru, etc. I don't think I'd be too concerned with it now. It's not 1347, fortunately.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Yeah, the more I read, the more it seems the initial articles were just click bait. Doesn’t seem like it’s that big of a deal.