POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

We're looking at countries. Not colonies. Not states. Not cities. Countries. Spain, the country, outlawed slavery in 1811. Cuba was a colony, and not yet a country. There is no goal posting moving. Cuba wasn't a country.

2. fl0at_

Whatever emotion they feel.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Don't quite understand Trump's insistence that we have more cases because we've done more tests. Didn't realize the case was what caused the CV19.

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

It is faulty logic that fits his world view that it isn't HIS fault. Even though no one blames him for the virus itself (ok, no sane person does), but they do critique his handling of it.

But I believe it is just a way for him to throw his hands up and be the victim.

5. fl0at_

It's fine early, but after a month of saying it, it won't make any sense. I don't know how long he has been saying it, but there will come a point when it'll be a valid criticism to ask: "Didn't we have good testing last month, when you said the same thing?"

Last edited: Jul 9, 2020
    justingroves and IP like this.
  6. fl0at_

Today is Trump Tax day, according to some SCOTUS watchers.

Today we find out if Congress can audit the President, and/or if the President can be investigated while in office.

7. fl0at_

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

One can construe more cases as being due to more testing at first. But for quite awhile, the positive rate has been increasing, which indicates that it isn't simply "more testing" that is increasing the case count. Also, this week's death rate is clearly higher than last week's. It is in fact coming up even if the mortality does turn out to be significantly less than what was experienced in April/May. We will be looking at 1k plus per day before the end of the month again, even with a lower mortality. There's just too many new cases per day for that not to be the case, unless suddenly this thing is actually no more lethal than the flu-- which it isn't. I wouldn't be surprised if we top 1k next Tuesday, and then the following week start maintaining over 1k. And that will be a reflection of the new cases from late June, not now when we are getting 60k again.

This is a disaster.

9. CardinalVol

Sadly, this does NOT mean that his returns will be made public, which this tax nerd is really bummed about.

10. fl0at_

Are you kidding me? If it is ruled that House committees can subpoena them, they'll be leaked.

11. NorrisAlan

I find the idea that the President is immune to investigation or being charged with a crime to be antithetical to our society. That said, the Congress better show a damn good reason to get a Presidents private documents because he is still a Citizen and protected by the 4th Amendment.

justingroves likes this.
  12. fl0at_

So... there is an argument that he gave up private citizen rights when he joined the government.

It isn't a good argument, but it is the basis for the UCMJ, and how military loses 1st amendment rights while in service.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

That's not a very satisfying argument. But he definitely shouldn't be immune to investigation, and SDNY and Congress should be able to get those records. They shouldn't be leaked.

14. NorrisAlan

I can see the case for this for his private documents while in office, or the fact he has none because he is not a Private Citizen any longer. But I don't think that would apply to your previous life's tax returns.

As always, I am not a lawyer and just like to discuss stuff like this because I find it terribly interesting. And like Card, I would LOVE for his taxes to be exposed, because I think it would also expose him as a fraud.

IP likes this.
  15. CardinalVol

If no one has gotten them by now, no one will.

I'd still love to know the security set up Mazars has in place.

16. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

I'm sure we'll still get articles about how he used *loopholes* like NOLs and Depreciation to reduce his taxable income.

17. CardinalVol

I do appreciate the 1 page that has leaked showed a $100M NOL carryover.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I can't imagine what his taxes look like. I own a small business and a few pieces of property and mine confuse me

19. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I used to do my own taxes up until last year but it’s really worth it just to pay an expert and not even [uck fay] with it.

justingroves likes this.
  20. CardinalVol

To fully understand it you'd have to have every partnership he's involved with's return too.

21. CardinalVol

Hooooooooooooooooooooo Boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!