College Football 2020

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by kptvol, Apr 26, 2020.

1. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

This is brilliant.

3. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

We can loosely define outbreak to be a cluster in a few weeks, which is what the herd immunity cloud is attempting to do.

But it just doesn't work if the current infections aren't controlled. And they aren't.

Even Sweden did what they did to stop a 2nd wave. Not the first one.

4. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

5. 10SEvols

10SEvols Member

The rest will shutdown in the next two weeks. Right now its just a matter of who cancels last. Sucks.

6. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I think they play as long as campuses stay open for classes. If you see SEC schools moving totally online, the end of college football is nigh.

7. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

State schools in the SEC will be encouraged to play from governors, unless this just really turns sideways. But overall the numbers seem to be improving, and hopefully will stay on that track.

Vandy and maybe Kentucky might opt out, but I don't see it from the other schools.

8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

If schools are open, I don't see how playing football is any more dangerous than sitting in a room with 30 other people who have all sat in rooms with 30 other people, etc, etc, etc.

Now, crowds in the stadiums are a completely different animal and THAT can be addressed. And what this is really doing is bringing to light how much these schools financially make on these players, and I think that is making the schools more uncomfortable than COVID is.

Memtownvol, Ssmiff and utvol0427 like this.
  9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The schools are scared shitless that the players will organize.

10. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

I'm cool with trying to make football happen as long as campuses are open and spread is manageable.

I don't know how that will last, but I think the risks are low enough at their age to give it a shot.

11. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Campuses will spread about 15 minutes after they open.

Keeping sports teams in a bubble is about the only way football happens. And that bubble has to happen day 1, not day 7.

12. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Are we still running that hostess program?

We'll need them doing the lords work for the next few months, if we go the bubble plan.

13. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Let's check to see what Ole Miss is doing.

10SEvols likes this.
  14. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Said no one ever trying to actually get better.

15. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Digging into the myocarditis thing a little bit. So is our concern here that COVID can weaken the heart and heart failure could occur in athletes that are pushed to the limit? That seems like a legit fear. Hopefully schools are doing pretty intense screening on these guys. I'd assume they have the resources, too.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Good thing we only have 5 star hearts.

kmf600, Memtownvol, SetVol13 and 5 others like this.
  17. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

But The Covid is the Energy Vampire

Memtownvol likes this.
  18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

they are letting them practice 20 hours a week including scrimmages. whole thing is stupid and is about optics not player safety.

10SEvols, justingroves and A-Smith like this.
  19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

and sue if they have any long term covid effects

20. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I heard a team doctor on the radio say that it was already screened for pretty intensely. Idk if he was telling the truth because I don't really know who to trust/believe anymore.