Mizzou quick thoughts

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Oct 3, 2020.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Yeah they have a lot of talent and tough for them to lose 2 in a row. Maybe our local math whizzes can give us a % chance they do lose next 2.
    They have qb issues right now and running game didnt look like regular ga running game. I hope they pull out a lucky win and get beat up a little with long auburn drives.

Memtownvol and A-Smith like this.
  2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He may be a bigger smart ass, though.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

When they lose, it's going to implode in Athens

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Not a math whiz, I will let someone check my work: (.5)(.5)= .25, so 25% chance.

InVolNerable likes this.
  5. IP

IP Super Moderator

implode, then explode. Transfers everywhere.

6. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

This. Kirby has been whistling past the graveyard since the '18 SECC game and subsequent defections of players and coaches.

7. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I don’t know if they have a Josh Dobbs on the roster to say “screw the coaches, we’re just going to win” like we had post-OU/UF/Arky in 2015. Obviously got lots of talent who could be scary if their backs are against the wall, but I tend to agree that they hit internal sniping before anything else

8. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

If they had one, he's probably already transferred.

justingroves and IP like this.
  9. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Biggest difference without question is the opposing defense is NOT there for the handoff in the backfield. Seems that was a staple of our offense for 10 years. That really helps keep my yelling in check.

Even the announcers called out the scrawny OL Pruitt inherited. Just wish we could get back to steamrolling weaker teams and get in the backups.

Memtownvol and NorrisAlan like this.
  10. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I remember an interview with a Florida defender. He was asked something like; do you ever feel bad for an opposing QB. He said Yes, only 1, JG for UT. That guy has fear in his eyes (caused by getting hit so often).

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

this schedule is all meat and one candy. no cupcakes

12. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Any news on Jahmir Johnson or Simmons?

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Simmons has a sprained ankle, probably. He was walking, but with a limp after the game.

I don't know about Jahmir

14. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Need Shamburger back

15. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

That Georgia game next weekend, provided they beat Auburn, is gettin more interesting. Perhaps a letdown game following a big auburn win?

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

IF it was 'rona, he may be back if he didn't have much in the way of symptoms I guess.

17. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Well, I don’t think Georgia is going to be sniping at each other after a loss. Overconfident after a big win looks like the best we can hope for. Apparently they racked up like 250 yards and 24 points while I was putting my kids to bed so that sounds a little scary.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Auburn no-showed. Soft-ass coverage.

19. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Yeah, Auburn ain't shit, but Georgia looks like a playoff team.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Auburn hasn't tried to tackle on defense or score on offense