Georgia

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Oct 4, 2020.

1. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Win or lose, I think everyone will be blown away by how we get after their ass on every play. For instance, my favorite play from Missouri was seeing the effort and textbook blocking from all 10 defenders on Theo's interception. You don't stumbled in to that effort and dedication. This team is determined to whip you before , during, and through the whistle of every play.

It's going to be difficult for any team to match that for 120 snaps of the football.

Memtownvol, justingroves and IP like this.
  2. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

"Would you like a box of ass whoopin'?"

3. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Agreed. I also would love for us to bring Bryce on some corner blitzes. He is scary quick and one of the best tackling CB's I have seen in awhile.

4. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Eh, I'd like it but it makes sense that Pruitt doesn't do it much. Pruitt is a conservative coach and the last thing he wants to do is dail up a blitz that leaves defenders in a no win matchup. Saying that, I wouldn't be surprised in the least to see him do it multiple times this week on the grounds that a) Kirby did it multiple times last year against a young QB when they were comfortably ahead b) their QB isn't well seasoned and sending a blindside DB on a suicide blitz is a great way to get a green QB to start doubting his eyes and his timing.

Edit: I also want to point out to everyone that we can win this game without taking these measures.

justingroves likes this.
  5. IP

IP Super Moderator

pruitt seems to pick the right moments for his corner blitz.

6. Volshaw

Volshaw New Member

Pruitt has to hate Kirby. Im sure long before him being here but certainly Kirby having all those recruits saying they were going to UT just to sling the hat and put on UGA trash. I have a feeling if Pruitt had one team he probably has some anger for its a Kirby led team.

Memtownvol likes this.
  7. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

BillyBob!!!

Memtownvol likes this.
  8. IP

IP Super Moderator

UGA leads the conference against the run, but Auburn's running back only had 8 carries... we have to challenge them there, looks like a paper stat. he had 3.9 per carry too.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  9. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Its gonna get tested. While Chaney is pass happy he's been fairly balanced so far this year.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

ya, auburn seemed to be wanting to catch them with misdirection or beating them to the flats. Didn't work. We can't expect that defense to fail to read plays.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Even if they do, they're fast enough to recover and keep it a relatively short gain. Malzahn/Morris offensive ideas are stupid

Memtownvol and yont sum iss? like this.
  12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Auburn literally picked the worst option against UGA'S defense

IP likes this.
  13. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

We’ve got to weather the 1st quarter. No turnovers early.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Tennessee's interior oline is [uck fay]ing stout, they can move anyone anywhere they want. Kirby's defense relies on controlling the A gap first with a very large individual. It's one of their best strengths vs Tennessee's best strength.

Tennessee runs the ball consistently, look out

15. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Malzahn is gonna do his thing

Memtownvol and justingroves like this.
  16. IP

IP Super Moderator

ya, I think that is the hill to live or die on.

Memtownvol and justingroves like this.
  17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I think Gray and Chandler can get to the edge on anybody. I expect the oline to win against anyone

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm getting too excited, if I'm being honest. This game is either going to bring me great joy or pain

19. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Better than the "eh" the last 10 years have brought.

IP likes this.
  20. IP

IP Super Moderator

if at least one of those isn't true Saturday, we weren't going to win anyway. I hope we play the hand we have been dealt rather than bluffing that JG is an all-American

Memtownvol likes this.